***Official 2023 Weather Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Facebook popped this flashback to me. Something I posted 13 years ago. Dang, that December 2010 with already 34 inches of snow for the year. Did not like.

Not sure what winter 2023-24 is so far but I have not shoveled anything. Should probably at least test fire the snow chuckers. It will snow at some point.

snow 2010.jpg

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Hoping we start to get some significant precip over the next few months else we are going to see some real water source issues next summer if this drought continues on. The issues Osceola is already seeing could start spreading to other communities as well.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Hoping we start to get some significant precip over the next few months else we are going to see some real water source issues next summer if this drought continues on. The issues Osceola is already seeing could start spreading to other communities as well.
It all depends where they get their water from. Communities that get their water from a surface water or alluvial aquifer are going to be the ones that have trouble. Some communities out west are running into trouble already. Water scarcity is not something we've had to deal with a lot in this state, but it could become a major issue if things don't change quick.

MNCYWX

Feb 7, 2010
Med City, MN
This will certainly help. 1-2" Isolated higher. Thawed ground. It'll soak in well!

1703287512849.png

Also... starting to look more likely for snowflakes Monday night into Tuesday. Not much but it's something. Colder trend as this low retrogrades northwest. It'll let the colder air wrapping around the entire system get into Iowa from the south/southwest.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
After last year, I’m content with no snow!

A few of my husband’s coworkers said some of their neighbors are renting a snow machine so the kids can still have a white Christmas. o_O

That is a 1st world problem and solution both.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Feels like it's been a while since we had a white Christmas in Des Moines. We usually get one snow in early December, then it warms up and we get nothing until about mid-January.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This will certainly help. 1-2" Isolated higher. Thawed ground. It'll soak in well!

View attachment 121124

Also... starting to look more likely for snowflakes Monday night into Tuesday. Not much but it's something. Colder trend as this low retrogrades northwest. It'll let the colder air wrapping around the entire system get into Iowa from the south/southwest.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Hope you didn't pack up your raincoats for winter.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
High of 45 in Memphis for the bowl game day forecast. Oh well, at least it should be dry.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
After last year, I’m content with no snow!

A few of my husband’s coworkers said some of their neighbors are renting a snow machine so the kids can still have a white Christmas. o_O
Much like elf on the shelf shenanigans….i don’t love my kids that much.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron