***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
That last inning was an unfortunate ending to a scrappy game by the Cubbies....but we simply do not have other guys to throw in there to pitch in pressure situations, and with Wesneski pressed into service tonight, there's only so much you can do. Frustrating.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Horrible baserunning by Duran. Worse situational defense by us.

Zero excuse Happ is playing as deep as he was with the game winning run on 3rd. None.

Morel with his negative WAR needs to pick it up. Tired of his **** as well. Dude is ******* terrible. Give him a week break. Dude is worse than quite literally any option on your bench or in Des Moines. **** me, man. It’s hard to watch. And he’s got so much support behind him and it’s mind blowing. Dude is a shittier version of modern day Javy Baez but less expensive.

Reactions: RagingCloner

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Just checked. Per Baseball Reference, Morel has negatively contributed to the teams chances of winning in 16 of the last 21 games and 18 of 28 games this season.

That’s like having a negative in the +/- of a really good basketball team.

I’m just not sure how long you can continue throwing out a guy who is consistently going against your teams odds of winning.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
That last inning was an unfortunate ending to a scrappy game by the Cubbies....but we simply do not have other guys to throw in there to pitch in pressure situations, and with Wesneski pressed into service tonight, there's only so much you can do. Frustrating.
After a rough year last year Wesneski has looked more like the pitcher we saw in late 2022. That slider/sweeper pitch of his is just nasty and he threw it well tonight against lefties too I thought. Definitely got squeezed on a few pitches too but I think after a rough spring training he's pitching pretty well as a flex guy right now.