***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Hendricks is an automatic loss right now, curious to see if this is enough to send him to the bullpen and give Brown and Wesneski some more starts. Hopefully Steele is back sooner than later. That at least shores up 1 spot in the rotation.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Morel with a -0.1 WAR on Baseball Reference and I’m confident it will only be worse once today is uploaded.

Need better results if he’s going to be the cleanup or we need to find a different situation for him. He is not the guy this FO tries selling him to be.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Morel with a -0.1 WAR on Baseball Reference and I’m confident it will only be worse once today is uploaded.

Need better results if he’s going to be the cleanup or we need to find a different situation for him. He is not the guy this FO tries selling him to be.
He's still just 24 years old which makes him the 2nd youngest position player on the current roster with Canario who is 23 the only younger player. I'm willing to give him some runway when he hit 26 HR in 388 AB last year. He may need to get bumped down in the lineup with this slump but the power potential is still there.

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
What concerns me with Morel is some of his reactions to strike calls. Strikes that are EASILY strikes, and not the slightest bit close, he reacts like he can’t believe it. Just shows how lost he is at knowing the zone right now.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
What concerns me with Morel is some of his reactions to strike calls. Strikes that are EASILY strikes, and not the slightest bit close, he reacts like he can’t believe it. Just shows how lost he is at knowing the zone right now.
I noticed that yesterday his last AB. Whiffed at a pitching that dropped on the plate, then disagreed with the ump on a pitch over the middle of the plate and slightly above his belly button

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I noticed that yesterday his last AB. Whiffed at a pitching that dropped on the plate, then disagreed with the ump on a pitch over the middle of the plate and slightly above his belly button
Morel shouldn't have to be the guy. Missing Happ, Suzuki and Bellinger's slow start add to the frustration. I'm not worried about the offense but the way they addressed the bullpen pisses me off. Brown, Wesneski and Thompson are the hopes to bail us out but adding Amonte, a throw in and Neris a vet on the decline grades out to F.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I took that as more of a reaction to himself not swinging at those obvious strikes. Regardless, he looks somewhat lost at the plate right now

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Hendricks is an automatic loss right now, curious to see if this is enough to send him to the bullpen and give Brown and Wesneski some more starts. Hopefully Steele is back sooner than later. That at least shores up 1 spot in the rotation.

Bullpen? He needs to go on some bogus injury list and start planning his coaching career.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Bullpen? He needs to go on some bogus injury list and start planning his coaching career.
Yep. IL-Arm Fatigue.

You don't cut him and you make it as graceful as you can because he's going to be one of those 'legends' that they keep around the club for a ling time.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron