***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
That was a phenomenal baseball game. Just taking 1 in this series feels like success honestly. Didn’t play perfect by any means and got the opener. Wouldn’t want to know what that game looks like if Morel was at 3rd though. Yikes!

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Loved the adjustments we made on Miller. Dude looked untouchable the first inning. Then we just sat fastball up and he got in trouble.

Big ******* win.

Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I've been fairly quiet so far because I haven't watched a game other than opening day plus it's just so early in the season to get a read on this team. Pitching still worries me, without some reinforcements from the minors or a trade or 2 not sure this staff is good enough over 162 game season especially if they suffer more injuries. Still hoping Morel can figure out 3B but it's not looking good so far. Have to have his bat in the lineup though so looks like he may be mostly a DH with some occasional starts in the field. Nice to get off to a good start but still see some holes and cracks in the roster that could limit the ceiling for the season. I do think some prospects will play a factor this season at some point either filling in for an injury or playing so well to force their way into a big league role.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I've been fairly quiet so far because I haven't watched a game other than opening day plus it's just so early in the season to get a read on this team. Pitching still worries me, without some reinforcements from the minors or a trade or 2 not sure this staff is good enough over 162 game season especially if they suffer more injuries. Still hoping Morel can figure out 3B but it's not looking good so far. Have to have his bat in the lineup though so looks like he may be mostly a DH with some occasional starts in the field. Nice to get off to a good start but still see some holes and cracks in the roster that could limit the ceiling for the season. I do think some prospects will play a factor this season at some point either filling in for an injury or playing so well to force their way into a big league role.
I think Steele and Taillon's injury were a bit of a set back but a couple positives we've seen are
1. Brown and Little. Not sure how they'll use BB but Little should be a high leverage late inning guy soon.

2.Smyly looks to be a solid multi inning lefty.

3. Assad this guy is an unsung hero. Starter, long reliever he'll do whatever you need.

I think it's very possible we deal Taillon and still add to the pen for a playoff run. Look at the starters.
Vets Steele, Hendricks
Young guys Imanaga Wicks Assad Brown
Wild card Horton ( when do we see him)

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Plenty of game left but I doubt Wicks will face back to back lineups as tough as he is to start the season until postseason time

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Cuas sucks. Send his sorry ass to Iowa. Loser can’t throw strikes and if he does he gives up hits.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Ouch. That got rough.
They were playing with fire as there was no way the Dodgers were going to continue to strand players, but at least Wicks looked like he was engaged with the game. Cuas couldn't throw a strike to save his life.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Hopefully will be able to get this game in. At least 6 innings.
They changed the rules a few years ago that all games not considered "official" will resume at a later date if needed. I'm going to assume they wait this out for awhile to get it in. Otherwise they'll probably finish the game when Cubs visit the Dodgers in September. Or I guess they could try to finish it Thursday while the Cubs are on the West coast and they have a day off Thursday, and Dodgers have a day off Thursday and will be in town but not sure if that's ever been done. But 95% sure they'll wait it out as long as they need to tonight