***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Thank God it's April, tough to bring myself to root for the Cardinals tonight.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Thank God it's April, tough to bring myself to root for the Cardinals tonight.
I can’t root for the Cardinals until September when it’s absolutely certain that they’re eliminated and the Cubs need them to win.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I can’t root for the Cardinals until September when it’s absolutely certain that they’re eliminated and the Cubs need them to win.
Tonight I'll either text my son, the Cardinals lost or we're in 1st place so its a win-win. But I won't watch it.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
OPS
Caissie. 866
PCA .644
Oh, I’d have no issue with Caissie being the guy, I just think management would like to see him still work on development. I just don’t see a world he’s up until September, if at all, because of that.

In other words, I feel like PCA has less room for development. I’m starting to feel he is what he is - an elite glove and aggressive base runner who will frustrate fans when he has a bat in his hands

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Sending Wesneski back to Iowa after the outing he had makes no sense unless they anticipate another pitching IL move coming. The Wisdom for Mastrobouni move is nothing more than shuffling the deck as neither player really belongs on the 40 man roster if the Cubs are serious about competing for the playoffs this year. If Carl Edward Jr shows anything of a capable reliever in his appearances at Iowa I'd not flinch at DFA either of them to make room for him and if he sucks then cut him and call up the next non 40 man guy that is hot at the time
Wesneski wasn't going to pitch Friday, and can get added on Saturday because of the double header. Then Sunday they need to figure out who goes back to Iowa.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Oh, I’d have no issue with Caissie being the guy, I just think management would like to see him still work on development. I just don’t see a world he’s up until September, if at all, because of that.

In other words, I feel like PCA has less room for development. I’m starting to feel he is what he is - an elite glove and aggressive base runner who will frustrate fans when he has a bat in his hands
You're likely right as to what they will do but Caissie is the guy that can give us a spark. PCA looks like last year's troubles have set him.back. I believe PCA will turn it around, he always has but it would be great for OC to get a taste.

We're probably going to see Canario Bellinger Tauchman almost everyday anyway.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Wesneski wasn't going to pitch Friday, and can get added on Saturday because of the double header. Then Sunday they need to figure out who goes back to Iowa.
Guessing somebody gets a sudden injury allowing Wesneski to stay. Hendricks possibly if he can't figure it out tomorrow.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
It’s my understanding that pitchers can’t come up for 15 days after being sent down unless it’s to replace an injury. My guess is they’ll see how Hendricks does Sunday and determine if Wesneski should replace him then.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It’s my understanding that pitchers can’t come up for 15 days after being sent down unless it’s to replace an injury. My guess is they’ll see how Hendricks does Sunday and determine if Wesneski should replace him then.
Somebody going to the IL, Wesneski was to dominate to not have up.

He can be #27 today then they can make the call after Hendricks throws Sunday.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
They can bring him up for the double header, there are no restrictions on who they can add for the extra player that day. He can't stay up after that unless there is an IL move.

Reactions: ISUCubswin

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Put Wesneski in Hendricks spot. Time to put Kyle out to pasture
They'll wait to see how he does Sunday. When right he's to valuable. Maybe he need a rehab to figure things out. Brewer looks like the obvious other option.