***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
They can bring him up for the double header, there are no restrictions on who they can add for the extra player that day. He can't stay up after that unless there is an IL move.
Yup - and the only IL move I would assume would happen is Hendricks. But Hendricks pitches Sunday. So you’d have to option someone.

My guess is if anyone were added for the double header today, it’ll be some pitcher we can waste.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Yup - and the only IL move I would assume would happen is Hendricks. But Hendricks pitches Sunday. So you’d have to option someone.

My guess is if anyone were added for the double header today, it’ll be some pitcher we can waste.
They can add Wesneski as a 27. I can't tell you the technical term but the DH call up doesn't count as an option. He was ultra efficient so he should be able to go today. Monday they can injure out someone.

RivClone23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2007
West Des Moines
They can add Wesneski as a 27. I can't tell you the technical term but the DH call up doesn't count as an option. He was ultra efficient so he should be able to go today. Monday they can injure out someone.
He was optioned when they sent him down, so the option year is used whether or not they had added him today.

I was hopeful he’d be ready to go today but he’ll be back soon enough one way or the other.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
He will still go back to Iowa after today so time to work on stuff.
I think we're talking about Little here. It looked like he was trying to overthrow. Kept yanking throws across his body then what he left in the zone was pretty straight.

RivClone23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2007
West Des Moines
I think we're talking about Little here. It looked like he was trying to overthrow. Kept yanking throws across his body then what he left in the zone was pretty straight.
Yeah talking about Little. I agree he just looked a little off. Could just be mechanical or trying to overthrow coming in to a dirty inning.

Either way, he’ll head back to Iowa after today to work on whatever is needed.

RivClone23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2007
West Des Moines
"Interesting" lineup for Game 1 today:

Didn’t expect to see Happ today but no starting outfielder or Busch is definitely interesting.

I know it’s the Marlins but a sweep today will be tough. Would feel better if Hendricks wasn’t going tomorrow.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This is the most 2021 lineup I’ve seen since 2021
V. Lefties I'm fine with Wisdom and Cooper. Tauchman is a bit of a surprise over Bellinger but it's a doubleheader so if he's going to sit one I'd prefer v. The lefty.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
well, he certainly doesnt provide value as a baserunner. oof that was bad
Seriously, he was running on contact and stayed in the rundown long enough to get the batter to 2nd. His running eliminated the possibility of a doubleplay. So his baserunning was actually flawless. If you don't understand the game stay the **** out of the conversation.

Reactions: AlCyJim

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Seriously, he was running on contact and stayed in the rundown long enough to get the batter to 2nd. His running eliminated the possibility of a doubleplay. So his baserunning was actually flawless. If you don't understand the game stay the **** out of the conversation.
JFC dude. wasnt aware you were that ******* sensitive. it was obvious sarcasm, go **** yourself