***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Ward and Jones were good for us and were mostly successful for most of the season, especially defensively. But when you go up against a team that Is longer, taller, more athletic and who happens to have a coach that has you well scouted, they exposed us. It is nice to know that with Jackson we are already positioned better to take on that type of team next year.
We scored 40+ in the second half while missing a lot of makeable shots. A bigger deal was the offensive rebounds and getting beat on points off turnovers

We didn’t get exposed as much as we got beat

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
All this speculation of us being a final four team next year makes me chuckle. Is it possible? Yes, anything is possible. I feel like a sweet sixteen is another successful season and anything less will seem a disappointment and anything more will be gravy. Just too much to overcome in a one-off tourney. Ask KU, UK, Houston, etc. I know, injuries, but we're not immune to those either. Loved the ride we took this year and let's hope we can repeat that next year, it was an awfully fun season. If we get to the same stage next year I'm all for the koolaide but don't set yourself up for a "anything less than scenario" that will ruin your enjoyment of ISU basketball. We seem to be in a good place under a great staff.
Not my style to call out an individual, but so I don't make the same mistake twice, please tell me WhoISthis what in my post deserved to be "dumbed"?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Not my style to call out an individual, but so I don't make the same mistake twice, please tell me WhoISthis what in my post deserved to be "dumbed"?

All this speculation of us being a final four team next year makes me chuckle. Is it possible? Yes, anything is possible

No one is meaning we’re Final Four locks. You’re chuckling because you misconstrued- the classic CF preemptive meltdown over possible normal fan disappointment.

It’s more than “anything is possible”. It’s one of the best opportunities in program history.

A sweet sixteen is another successful season and anything less will seem a disappointment and anything more will be gravy. Just too much to overcome in a one-off tourney. Ask KU, UK, Houston, etc.”

UK, KU, and Houston fans are absolutely disappointed in a Sweet 16 season this year.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Yeah, I’m not at all disappointed by where we ended up. The Big 12 championship run was amazing, and getting to the Sweet Sixteen is a great accomplishment as well. It would have been amazing to go further…but again, not disappointed
We've outperformed our talent every year with TJ as head coach.

Fun days ahead.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
All this speculation of us being a final four team next year makes me chuckle. Is it possible? Yes, anything is possible

No one is meaning we’re Final Four locks.

It’s more than “anything is possible”. It’s one of the best opportunities in program history.

A sweet sixteen is another successful season and anything less will seem a disappointment and anything more will be gravy. Just too much to overcome in a one-off tourney. Ask KU, UK, Houston, etc.”

UK, KU, and Houston fans are absolutely disappointed in a Sweet 16 season this year.
UK will consistently underachieve the other two were missing key parts.

ChickenNuggetMan

Drinks beer with CycloneLarry69
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2017
Minneapolis
We've outperformed our talent every year with TJ as head coach.

Fun days ahead.
He makes the most out of every team. I’m hoping with a few right additions next season he won’t *have* to make the most and has the talent to work with.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
Was responding to previous post about our bench (specifically Rock).
Jackson is a transfer senior. Nothing young about him. New to the system, yes, but hopefully he has learned foul management at UNC-Charlotte.