***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Important to remember we have 4 open spots. Someone's gotta play a small role
So Fish and Hamilton didn't want to sit the bench next year but we'll now be able to find 4 that will?

We aren't going to play 12 or 13 deep. That's why I don't think Pierce will ever play here, he'll be buried on the bench in year 1 then just leave.

Nojus sounds like he could be a rotation guy, but that's before we've filled out the last 4 spots. What if he doesn't get as much pt as he wants and he's gone in year?

• Disagree
Reactions: NENick and Cyclad

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
Can confirm that the UNI collective has made offers to both Paveletzke and Fish.

Really early in the process obviously but there's a chance they both stay in state.

Kyle Pock at UNI played on MOKAN with Fish and Billiew.
Interesting. Not that you have the number ( or should share it) but I wonder what these guys can get? Not sure how much $$ UNI has, so perhaps that aren’t indicative of the market. Hope they find a good home and make some $$.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Interesting. Not that you have the number ( or should share it) but I wonder what these guys can get? Not sure how much $$ UNI has, so perhaps that aren’t indicative of the market. Hope they find a good home and make some $$.
I can't share the number but it's certainly more than the average college student is making working a fairly regular job while going to school.

We believe UNI has the best or second best funded collective in the Valley (Belmont).

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
So Fish and Hamilton didn't want to sit the bench next year but we'll now be able to find 4 that will?

We aren't going to play 12 or 13 deep. That's why I don't think Pierce will ever play here, he'll be buried on the bench in year 1 then just leave.

Nojus sounds like he could be a rotation guy, but that's before we've filled out the last 4 spots. What if he doesn't get as much pt as he wants and he's gone in year?
Then the staff hits the portal to replace the replacements who replaced the replacements, who replaced the replacements, ........

Just the facts of college basketball life.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
We all saw how hopeless BRE was his first year here. How’d that turn out?

Omaha’s “handlers” had to have seen that as well. If he puts in the work in the offseason, there’s no reason to think the #13 player in last year’s class won’t take a step ahead.

Another thing, everyone keeps talking about how “bad” Omaha’s hands are…and yet there wasn’t a single sign of that in all his years of basketball before this.

Either this is a false narrative—or there is something else going on. Like when someone loses a lot of weight, and gets publicly criticized. What’s the rest of the story?
I agree re: his hands. I see that as anxiousness and playing too fast due to trying too hard to make a contribution. No idea if he will improve enough to make a contribution next year but I’m sure everyone would like to see that.
lol. Omaha had an NBA body, but was lacking skills.

JT has skills all over the place, but was lacking a B12 body. And has been practicing against Hason and BRE every day, and will have Dishon to hone his skills even further with.

But you folks go ahead and keep up with your little narrative, since it seems to make you happy.

I suppose it’s a nut cup substitute…

Sweet shot.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Cymark86

Dec 2, 2023
I can't share the number but it's certainly more than the average college student is making working a fairly regular job while going to school.

We believe UNI has the best or second best funded collective in the Valley (Belmont).
Dang. Surprised they lost so many guys then, but everyone fishing for better deals. Always get the vibe that UNI is struggling financially.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Ever since the NCAA unlocked the door and said “anything goes with NIL & instant eligibility/no sit a year”, I’ve wondered if this was a shrewd move by the NCAA poo-bags. Everyone knows that Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas, etc. were paying large sums to players or their family members among other inducements and the NCAA would then investigate for a couple of years and then penalize Okie St while Self carried on. Things changed when players (attorneys & unions) started to make convincing arguments that they would go after the NCAA (& Universities) for a cut of the pie. Is it possible that the NCAA decided to turn things loose and let the coaches, players, Conferences, Universities & fans realize what a disaster the result is and then bring out the hammer and tweak the things that need to happen. They could start with a sit out year, one transfer in five years and a financial cap limitation per individual or per team. The Pros have more rules than College basketball.
Two problems with this theory. First, the NCAA didn’t choose to make it a free-for-all; this was forced by the courts. That also means, pending further litigation, they don’t have the ability to reign things back in.
Second, you’re assuming (hoping?) that after a good half-century, the NCAA has not only become competent and forward-thinking, but has moved on to 4-D chess instead of dragging their feet and being reactionary. This seems… unlikely.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Two problems with this theory. First, the NCAA didn’t choose to make it a free-for-all; this was forced by the courts. That also means, pending further litigation, they don’t have the ability to reign things back in.
Second, you’re assuming (hoping?) that after a good half-century, the NCAA has not only become competent and forward-thinking, but has moved on to 4-D chess instead of dragging their feet and being reactionary. This seems… unlikely.
The NCAA failed to address the situation before the court case. They could have been forward thinking 15 to 20 years ago. They assumed they would win, and yet they managed to have a divided Supreme Court rule, unanimously against them.

NCAA's lack of vision allowed the inmates to eventually run the asylum

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa

Thats really good for UNI and surprising to me with their overall AD financial troubles.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU