***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Bill Jones. 24 year old senior, 1 year of eligibility, who curiously looks just like Bob Jones with a giant bushy mustache
Screenshot2023-09-07at1.08.28PM.png

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Thats not what I like to hear... at all
Why?

There were 5 openings going into the portal.

The priorities were Jackson (done), Heise (done), Hadley and Kyle.

The 5th spot should be considered solely for depth (you can't play 13 guys) - someone who can come in if absolutely needed to defend and give 5 fouls against a dominant post.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why?

The 5th spot should be considered solely for depth (you can't play 13 guys) - someone who can come in if absolutely needed to defend and give 5 fouls against a dominant post.
Doesn't that describe Rock?
Hate to see him in the portal. Jackson and Kyle each have two years of eligibility. Be a same to lose him.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Why?

Nobody recruits for Depth. They recruit for a player to compete with the other players. You want to have depth but you also want to bring in guys that compete for the starting spot.

• Disagree
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Why?

I guess you're assuming Kyle is going to commit then?

I was hoping for a DJ Burns type guy...someone in the front court who can get you a bucket when you need it (and a great passer) so you avoid long scoring droughts.

Maybe Jackson or Rock is that guy but since we don't know that yet, it sure would be nice to have another option in case they aren't. Competition is always good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I guess you're assuming Kyle is going to commit then?

I was hoping for a DJ Burns type guy...someone in the front court who can get you a bucket when you need it (and a great passer) so you avoid long scoring droughts.

Maybe Jackson or Rock is that guy but since we don't know that yet, it sure would be nice to have another option in case they aren't. Competition is always good.
Those type of guys are extremely expensive. Either way, Jackson is the one who we brought in to fit that mold. He's huge, can score down low and is a nice passer. He was brought in to start day one.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You think Rock is going to be the last guy off the bench?
My hope for him is as the season progresses he trusted with the bulk of the backup minutes at the 5. With Kyle becoming primarily a 4. Every move has a consequence but looking at Rock in a vacuum that's my hope.