***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Not holding students hostage at a school because they're athletes, what a travesty.

I'm all for player mobility and for them getting paid. But mid-year transfers is a step too far for me. You can't have teams retooling rosters halfway through the year. You can't have your starting PG take off for Kentucky in the middle of a season. At some point you have to have some logical fairness.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
There are no contracts holding kids to a school for the full year and if it goes to court, the players are going win.

It's coming.
I wonder when someone will sue to be allowed to play for more than 4 or 5 years. If you can't put rules against players getting paid or transferring, how can you say how many years they can play?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I wonder when someone will sue to be allowed to play for more than 4 or 5 years. If you can't put rules against players getting paid or transferring, how can you say how many years they can play?
Marcus Domask is doing that right now. He missed part of his sophomore year at SIU but played over the 30% threshold. He's going to sue to say that year shouldn't count because the 30% cut off is arbitrary and that he didn't get the full year and it hurt his pro prospects so he needs to be granted another year.

• Informative
Reactions: NENick

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Marcus Domask is doing that right now. He missed part of his sophomore year at SIU but played over the 30% threshold. He's going to sue to say that year shouldn't count because the 30% cut off is arbitrary and that he didn't get the full year and it hurt his pro prospects so he needs to be granted another year.

I don't really understand his case for a waiver since it was the Free COVID year anyways, correct?

He is suing because he played 10 games which, in a normal year, would be under the 30% threshold but that year SIU's season was shortened to 26 games due to COVID. Again though, he shouldn't get a waiver because that was a free year anyways and he played 4 full non-Covid seasons.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I don't really understand his case for a waiver since it was the Free COVID year anyways, correct?

He is suing because he played 10 games which, in a normal year, would be under the 30% threshold but that year SIU's season was shortened to 26 games due to COVID. Again though, he shouldn't get a waiver because that was a free year anyways and he played 4 full non-Covid seasons.
I'm in full agreement with you. I don't see how he possibly has a case but the NCAA hasn't won any of these rulings.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Ugh that makes me feel bad that a home town kids does it
Pretty sure I heard on one of their games that he went to high school directly across the street from campus, has know that staff since he was a child. This one is really surprising.