***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Helser 83

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 7, 2022
I'm saying he's spewing premium info on the non premium side. Figure the rest of it out for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Cydkar

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You're missing the point. The NBA was always his first option. He was very upfront about that. No reason not to be contacting others until he's committed.
It’s a little late to fill AJ’s spot in June with another competent option. And I’m fairly certain the staff didn’t feel like strong-arming AJ and his dad by threatening to take a commit from a plan B. If I remember correctly that squad still got to the NCAA tournament.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I'm saying he's spewing premium info on the non premium side. Figure the rest of it out for yourself.

Not really. Other people have sources besides the website owners. TJ’s dad has always been a source for a lot of us. Just because it’s on premium does not mean he got it from premium. He actually missed his last prediction. But normally he has pretty spot on sources. I have sources that tell me I can’t post stuff. So I stick to that. His sources appear to not care

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
What info is “premium?” Williams and Blum talked about the Jefferson news on their latest podcast (and he picked up CBs to ISU) and I think they also mentioned Kyle wouldn’t be coming to ISU. Multiple people on here have also mentioned the Fish rumors. So really everything I’ve been told seems to be out there and available

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
What info is “premium?” Williams and Blum talked about the Jefferson news on their latest podcast (and he picked up CBs to ISU) and I think they also mentioned Kyle wouldn’t be coming to ISU. Multiple people on here have also mentioned the Fish rumors. So really everything I’ve been told seems to be out there and available

Not only that but the my name is Jeff guy and I don’t exactly get along on this site. However, I just get kind of sick of people thinking the only Iowa state fan that knows anything is the owner of this site. Before Williams became publisher of this site we had multiple guys with multiple sources. A lot of them were spot on. Williams is friends with TJ but that don’t mean other people are not friend with TJ or the program.
I don’t have premium but I know behinds the scenes things a lot just based on my father being a big donor. Quit acting like the guy had to get it from premium

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
Not only that but the my name is Jeff guy and I don’t exactly get along on this site. However, I just get kind of sick of people thinking the only Iowa state fan that knows anything is the owner of this site. Before Williams became publisher of this site we had multiple guys with multiple sources. A lot of them were spot on. Williams is friends with TJ but that don’t mean other people are not friend with TJ or the program.
I don’t have premium but I know behinds the scenes things a lot just based on my father being a big donor. Quit acting like the guy had to get it from premium
I have premium to help support the website. The insider stuff is just a nice bonus

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006

goody2012

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2014
The problem

With you're idea of going to play in the UK is the market for them in NIL college is better right now. I hope it regresses a little, and I think it will. There is only 1 winner at the end.

Is it worth putting millions towards a chance, forever, to keep coming up short? In reality most of these big NIL deals are getting nothing in return but a hope of a team/player that can win them a championship.
Donors have been doing that forever, building facilities etc. They will continue to do it.

• Winner
Reactions: WhoISthis

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Honest question, is there now more transfer portal signees per year than freshmen signees per year in men's college basketball as a whole?

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Couple things on Jefferson-

He didn't play the last month of the season after having knee surgery - I would think that could impact his offseason as well, hopefully he's ready for fall.

Something I find fascinating - before his injury he had 4 games with a double-double. All 4 were wins, and 3 of them were the biggest wins for St Mary's - @ Colo St, @ San Franscisco and @Gonzaga. And in those 4 games he went 10-16 from 3pt range. The other 22 games he went 6-44 from 3! He started the season really cold from deep, going 2-26 in their first 9 games.

But his tendency to have big performances in their big games is a good sign - and the tie between rebounding and shooting well is fascinating

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Honest question, is there now more transfer portal signees per year than freshmen signees per year in men's college basketball as a whole?
I would think it would balance out somewhat, as teams that have a net loss in transfers would end up filling those spots via high school players. I'm guessing that the low and mid majors end up with more freshmen on balance than the high majors.

Help Support Us

Become a patron