***Official 2024 Weather Thread***

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Love to hear that but why the confidence?
There is a charter flight scheduled to arrive in DSM (from Oklahoma City) this afternoon and my guess is it's the pokes

Now it also looks like they were supposed to be wheels up around 3PM and are not yet so who knows. Maybe getting into DSM will be tougher than they thought

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
It’s really cranked up here in Nevada. Stay home if you can boys n girls. It’s crappy out there.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

giphy.gif

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Des Moines to Ames and back....going up average about 45, coming back to DSM about 60. Roads are in great shape. Powder snow and cold temps don't create ice fortunately. Visibility going up against the wind was a bit sketchy at times.....especially around bridges and where there is construction with all the concrete barriers which do nothing but collect all the blowing snow.

Coming back visibility was great. Most of the time a mile or more. A few spots were less but nothing dangerous.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Its likely not as easy as just making people stay.

You have to get all the staff back in for sunday to make the event possible. You have referees who have their own scheduled flights (and given how often some of them work, they may have their own games on Sunday). Both schools also have shorter turnarounds after this, both playing on Tuesday (us @ BYU, and OSU has KU coming to town) that they wouldn't want to make an even shorter turnaround.

For sure. It's just more of a bummer for me since I don't know that I've missed 2 games in a season in the last 10 years and I know I've never missed 2 in a row.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I guess I don’t know what chartered 737s look like. I’d rather fly on like a CRJ if I’m going of the airline layouts.
It depends. Some schools just charter a regular old 737 but that is generally reserved for football. There are 737s and A320s out there that have more of a business jet layout with bigger captains chairs and much more legroom.

riceville98

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
Frankly, they should cancel or postpone NCAA sporting events much more often than they do. It is not worth risking the safety of the athletes, staff or fans to hold a game.
Better duck for cover. I agree with you but, some of our fans went nuts last year when we canceled the drake game so the players could beat the storm and get home for Christmas

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron