*** Official #25 IOWA STATE vs #17 TCU Game(Day) Thread ***

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
I said before conference play I thought we would struggle to get to 7 wins and that 7 wins would still put us on the bubble. I was hoping for 7+ home wins and 1-2 road wins.

we already got two road wins and my thoughts on this team is we are for sure a ncaa tourney team. If we can get the next 2 of 3 games....look out.
Oh boy....Just enjoy it game by game. I still have visions of that 8 minute scoring drought against OU. Both road games basically came down to one possession. They won't all go our way. But, yes, love your thinking and proud of this team with a great conference start.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
So much bad officiating, but one that wasn't even subjective was with about 10 seconds left, the ball went high in the air. The TCU guy stepped out of bounds, jumped and caught the ball, then landed in bounds. That is so obviously TCU out of bounds, but refs missed it. These Big 12 refs just aren't even looking where they need to look so many times. Higgins is also very, very guilty of this all the time. Inattentive. Just inexcusable.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
There were a handful of calls that weren’t right. I’ll give you that. But could you imagine putting yourself in those shoes. That would be an absolute daunting/nightmarish game to call. The pace and physicality. So yeah, not terrible officiating. I’ll stick with my opinion.
What's so daunting about it? If a guy does a ninja kick into the defender it's not a defensive foul. If he shoots like a normal person and somebody runs into him it's a foul.

This game isn't complicated.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
There were a handful of calls that weren’t right. I’ll give you that. But could you imagine putting yourself in those shoes. That would be an absolute daunting/nightmarish game to call. The pace and physicality. So yeah, not terrible officiating. I’ll stick with my opinion.
They get paid thousands of dollars + travel expenses. I could manage to deal with it.

Reactions: NoCreativity

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I know this is game day thread, but noticed Ward didn't even get out of his warm ups. Injury?

Because with the foul problems down low, another body even if spot duty might have helped.

And until Bob improves his FT shooting he may not need to be on the floor during crunch time.

Reactions: mjhavlo76

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
My thoughts about this game before tip-off was "I really want to win it, but I hope we are at least competitive (i.e. no Iowa game disaster) even if we lose." The way our guys met every challenge to TCUs punches was amazing to behold. That's why, when we started to make some questionable decisions with our play in that last 2.5 minutes, my thinking was - "It'd be a tragedy to lose this game now." Lipsey played very well for 99% of the game - but I was a little frustrated with 3 key mistakes: poor entry pass to Tre, forcing a lob pass to Rob rather than pulling the ball back out, and then his foul on Miles. So thankful for Osun and, obviously, Gabe for that last offensive possession to get us the win! (BTW, I love Lipsey & will take that type of performance by him on any night - just sucked that he had three key mistakes in a short time span).

Reactions: Cyeedy

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Fran seemed genuinely pissed at those “kick” fouls. Like beyond just calling the game pissed. I tend to agree with him, but how do you really feel, Fran? :)

Yeah, I was like why don’t you terminate your contract with ESPN and join the good guys at the Cyclone Radio Network right now. lol

• Dumb
Reactions: ribsnwhiskey

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
No panic in this team.
What I like is that Grill is looking for his 3 point shot and the other three guys are not afraid to take their type of shot when the play has them open.
Another defensive gem by the team, especially Gabe.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron