*** Official #6 IOWA STATE vs #2 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
I know it’s a waste of typing, but I will do it anyway. Can we PLEASE do our best to not melt down if we lose this? There’s a chance we actually get housed tonight, and that won’t change a damn thing in my mind with this team and what’s left on the table.

This isn’t a scenario where in the past we’ve had chances to take control of something and lost it to a team that is inferior or one we had a real chance to win against. We have a chance tonight for sure, BUT this will be an absolute monumental ask to win at their place.

Time to shock the college basketball landscape!
I just hope we've done enough to get a home NIT game if we lose...

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
Ranked 6.....sweet.

Can we update the thread title to reflect new rankings?;-)

It's all gravy tonight. Hope for the win. Could honestly get routed, but any loss won't hurt. Remember, this team can still struggle shooting and scoring. I know many have forgotten that recently with the "Is this the Best ISU Team Ever" threads of late. Haha. Just enjoy the ride.

Houston looked scary good against UT. Their guards and incredibly athletic and doubt they'll fall into a 14 point hole this time around.

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
The more I look at this game we are going to need a Herb Brooks Miracle like speech before the game. That's how daunting it will be to get win.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Bring your hard hat and lunch box type of game!

Mr Big 12, Fran, on the call with Boog. Lots of love from Fran for both of these teams. Let's Go Cyclones!
The rock fight to end all rock fights.

1708366761607.png

If Michael Nurse was still suiting up, this would definitely be a game he would not comb his hair for.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
We have literally nothing to lose with this game. I suspect a loss (even if close) does nothing negative to our analytics and we’re probably still top 10 in the polls assuming we handle business Saturday.

That’s got to help us in a big road game. Pressure is on Houston here.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We have literally nothing to lose with this game. I suspect a loss (even if close) does nothing negative to our analytics and we’re probably still top 10 in the polls assuming we handle business Saturday.

That’s got to help us in a big road game. Pressure is on Houston here.

Well, then, we might as well win it.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Ranked 6.....sweet.

Can we update the thread title to reflect new rankings?;-)

It's all gravy tonight. Hope for the win. Could honestly get routed, but any loss won't hurt. Remember, this team can still struggle shooting and scoring. I know many have forgotten that recently with the "Is this the Best ISU Team Ever" threads of late. Haha. Just enjoy the ride.

Houston looked scary good against UT. Their guards and incredibly athletic and doubt they'll fall into a 14 point hole this time around.

Turn them over, just like last time. They are gonna push it, we have to plan for it.

Acer88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2022
South Dakota
Cyclones 67-65. I have faith, but the win would be more surprising than a loss in this one. Need that complete game that they have been inching towards.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Gilbert on Cryer will be a key. In the Cyclone victory, Cryer was 2-9 fg, 1-6 from 3. When Gilbert is out, CJones takes over. Wear Cryer down.