*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Caught two shirts during the Juicy Wiggle. Clones by 30!
Two sheets? Hope not two sheep.

Oh...

Where Does "Two Sheets to the Wind" Come From?​

The phrase "two sheets to the wind" may have originated in the nautical world. In sailing terminology, a "sheet" is a rope that controls the sails on a ship. If a sheet is loose or "in the wind," it causes the sail to flap uncontrollably and the ship to wobble, much like a drunken individual.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Consumed all the Houston content I could find. I don't think they at all realize that this is a home game for ISU.

It is not "like" a home game... It IS a home game. On championship night with this team against that team? It might be even worse than a game in Ames from their standpoint.

Now granted maybe they just don't care and they are absolutely good enough to not care, but nobody is talking about it seriously.

If I were a Houston fan, I would want it made perfectly clear to anyone and everyone what they are walking in to.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
Two sheets? Hope not two sheep.

Oh...

Where Does "Two Sheets to the Wind" Come From?​

The phrase "two sheets to the wind" may have originated in the nautical world. In sailing terminology, a "sheet" is a rope that controls the sails on a ship. If a sheet is loose or "in the wind," it causes the sail to flap uncontrollably and the ship to wobble, much like a drunken individual.
I thought it was three sheets to the wind? Idk why, but that's how I remember hearing it.

• Agree
Reactions: helechopper

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
1710624878097.png

Well, I can live with a loss but a trophy would be sweet. If we can at least go toe-to-toe with them, we are more than ready for the NCAA tourney.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
This isn't a new argument, all the fan bases are jealous of our traveling fans.

But it isn't like the conference hasn't bought into the idea and tried having it elsewhere. The fans who don't come to KC didn't come to Dallas or Oklahoma City either. As far as the Big 12 is concerned, the tournament in KC is proven to be the best in college sports and the argument is settled until something changes other than fans whining about it.
It isn’t just that argument. She is whining about everything. I just had to block her.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Be prepared to start the game on ESPN+. There’s no way the aTm/Florida game will finish in time

I can't imagine they would do that for a conference title game.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Man, the Baylor Karens are really out in full force b!tching about ISU fans taking over KC.
That's just so perfect coming from a fan base that built a new arena that only holds 7k.