*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
So rival fans are mad/confused that our idea of a great time is to support our team and win? Such a weird line of argument. We love Iowa State. We love college basketball. Is that not cool enough for them?

Reactions: swisher

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
So rival fans are mad/confused that our idea of a great time is to support our team and win? Such a weird line of argument. We love Iowa State. We love college basketball. Is that not cool enough for them?
Hoes mad

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
The only one of the new members I hate is BYU. Love you, Melvin Ejim!

So lose two I hate, gain 1 I hate.
Addition by subtraction!

Jury out for me on UCF yet. I kind of like Cincy, they carry themselves well.

Will be a real dilemma for me next year on CU. I don't mind them now - they are always overrated but fun team. I don't know if I am over the hate for Ricardo Patton and Harrison thugs yet. May never be.

Reactions: carvers4math

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Didn't he turn his ankle against K-State?
Yes. He was backing out of the lane during a free throw and turned his ankle. Then it looked like he tweaked it going up for a rebound or a dunk, I don't remember. Pretty standard for a mild sprain.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Yes. He was backing out of the lane during a free throw and turned his ankle. Then it looked like he tweaked it going up for a rebound or a dunk, I don't remember. Pretty standard for a mild sprain.
If that's the case and he's still playing suggests his limping is mostly due to it being heavily tapped.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Addition by subtraction!

Will be a real dilemma for me next year on CU. I don't mind them now - they are always overrated but fun team. I don't know if I am over the hate for Ricardo Patton and Harrison thugs yet. May never be.

I'll most likely forget Colorado is there outside of our games. Then I'll always remember the one where McD had them down at half 37-9.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
If that's the case and he's still playing suggests his limping is mostly due to it being heavily tapped.
I'd say there is still some pain if he lands wrong or makes a hard cut. Standard sprain for anyone who's ever played basketball. And yes, a heavy tape job that's a little uncomfortable. Adrenaline can go a long way

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Addition by subtraction!

CU is going to be a pass for me on football anyway. Have a son with a UCF grad degree, I think Dawkins is fine

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
I know they have hosted the Big 12 tournament in Oklahoma City before, haven't they done Dallas as well? In either case I know it wasn't attended nearly as well as it is in KC. Having the basketball tournament in KC and the football championship in Dallas seems to be the best locations for both.

I know they have hosted the Big 12 tournament in Oklahoma City before, haven't they done Dallas as well? In either case I know it wasn't attended nearly as well as it is in KC. Having the basketball tournament in KC and the football championship in Dallas seems to be the best locations for both.
Agree. Live in DFW area and college hoops just isn’t a big priority unfortunately. It’s all about the pro sports and college football.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron