*** Official #7 IOWA STATE vs #1 Houston Game(Day) Thread ***

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Is this the day our shooters finally 'go off'?
Sure hope so!

I think for us to win we need to make FTs (we did well vs KSU). We also have to be controlled...with Houstons D, each possession valuable, need to know when to drive on a breakaway vs run the offense (as a circus shot or uncontrolled drive will equal steal/pts for Houston)

I'm sure TJ has them dialed in and confident. Need to keep crowd in it, but still play smart (i.e. don't pull up for a 3 to try to take the roof off if not there)

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
During the women's final they announced that the league had extended the contract to play the finals in KC another 5 years or so, but they were not clear if that included the men's tournament or just the woman's.

Baylor fans had the same opportunity to purchase tickets last night to the game as ISU did. Our fan base was not complaining about the distance to Dallas when we played OU for the championship in football, bb should not be any different.

Reactions: Kinch

Bubba Hubba

Dec 19, 2007
1) Ward was gimpy yesterday after he got called for an over-the-back on a rebound. I'll assume his knee is ok, but any news?

2) I watched without sound yesterday. Was there a story regarding Jackson P not playing? Dinged up?

Reactions: 2122

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
1) Ward was gimpy yesterday after he got called for an over-the-back on a rebound. I'll assume his knee is ok, but any news?

2) I watched without sound yesterday. Was there a story regarding Jackson P not playing? Dinged up?
On (2), I think Pav just doesn't match up well in these games against Baylor and Houston--both teams with really athletic backcourts. He'll play when the matchups allow, but otherwise Lipsey, Gilbert, Jones, and MM have enough minutes available between them to cover the 1-3 spots the whole game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
During the women's final they announced that the league had extended the contract to play the finals in KC another 5 years or so, but they were not clear if that included the men's tournament or just the woman's.

They were pretty clear it was both in Yormark's announcement. Plus adding women's soccer in the new stadium there.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Baylor fans had the same opportunity to purchase tickets last night to the game as ISU did. Our fan base was not complaining about the distance to Dallas when we played OU for the championship in football, bb should not be any different.
It’s both.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
Both teams have dominated their side of the bracket, obviously 1 & 2 in the best conference in the country, time to figure out the order...

cant-wait-football.gif
The order is 1. Houston 2. ISU.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
They were pretty clear it was both in Yormark's announcement. Plus adding women's soccer in the new stadium there.
So conference tourney soccer will be in the new facility here in KC, too? Hadn’t heard that.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Drive safe, have fun and cheer loud!
We will! She’s been to gymnastics, WBB and Volleyball at Hilton. Never been to T Mobile.

The only games I’ve gone to at T Mobile have been the mbb tournament games on Saturday. ISU is 4-0 during those games.

Go cyclones!

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
So is J’wan Roberts going to give it a go tonight? They desperately need him healthy for a deep NCAA run. Obviously helps us if he’s out as they be down to Francis and Lath (who has played very little) as bigs. We’ll need to be great on the boards to win and being shorthanded up front would hurt them.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I just received the email from the big 12/Iowa state announcing the prep rally.

It also had a link for big12eats. Does anyone know if that food is outside at P&L or inside?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
This would be more about us adding a win over the #1 team in the country on a neutral court, and Marquette not. Is our resume better after that? Could be.
23rd non-con SOS vs 352.

We can debate if it matters all day but it's part of the criteria (as it should be, IMO) and that's why Marquette is going to get the edge.

• Disagree
Reactions: alarson

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

They said on the radio Ward's ankle (I think) was hurt coming into the game. I'm assuming he hurt it against K-State the night before. In his interview post game on the radio he said it hurt but he was good to go. TJ said the same thing in post game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron