***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
I have a really hard time believing that Adding Notre Dame and Louisville would add 1.5 times their current contract value. That seems pretty ludacris to me, especially when you consider that the money would be spread across 16 teams. There is no way Notre Dame is worth that much IMO.

Notre Dame fans think they're the gold standard in college football

everyone else couldn't care less about them

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
THREAD1.jpg

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
@MikeTaylor760
Mike Taylor
IT'S DONE! Jeff Tarpley from aggieyell.com reports: Texas A&M IS going to the SEC. Future of football in Texas unknown. Wow.
@MikeTaylor760
Mike Taylor
Source: Big 12 has contacted another Texas school about joining up. It's not Frogs as they're headed to Big East. SMU? Houston?
Rice or Houston would be my guesses.

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
This article shows exactly how conflicted ESPN/ABC and Fox Sports are in this whole conference realignment scenario. Now I know that if the "Forgotten Five" had actually been "kicked to the curb", we had a basis to sue the pants off all parties involved. Had FSU and Clemson left the ACC, I'm sure the ACC would have sued not only the schools, but the networks for damages as a result of their conflict of interest as well.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is unless FSU and the Big 12 are willing to pay the ACC a lot of money, it's unlikely we'll see FSU join our conference; hence the talk about Louisville joining with ND - not that scenario will actually happen of course.

Last edited:

drednot57

Apr 26, 2010
Nevada, IA
If Louisville does join (big if), they'd probably be ISU's new conference rival. I know rivalries are hard to manufacture, but this series could be sold as the "War of the Cardinal."

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Want to give me the low down on what was said? Can't listen to it right now.

In regards to expansion, he expresses how much he isn't crazy about getting back to a championship game for fear that a national title contenter can get knocked out when otherwise they would not have. Also, in regards to going above 10 members soon, he said that he isn't even sure he could get all the votes needed right now for that. Overall, it isn't that great of an interview in regards to any new information as most answers have been the usual scripted answers.

Reactions: CysRage
Status
Not open for further replies.