***OFFICIAL BIG 12 EXPANSION THREAD 2.0***

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CyBer

In regards to expansion, he expresses how much he isn't crazy about getting back to a championship game for fear that a national title contenter can get knocked out when otherwise they would not have. Also, in regards to going above 10 members soon, he said that he isn't even sure he could get all the votes needed right now for that. Overall, it isn't that great of an interview in regards to any new information as most answers have been the typically scripted answer.

Thanks, Im good with 10.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
In regards to expansion, he expresses how much he isn't crazy about getting back to a championship game for fear that a national title contenter can get knocked out when otherwise they would not have. Also, in regards to going above 10 members soon, he said that he isn't even sure he could get all the votes needed right now for that. Overall, it isn't that great of an interview in regards to any new information as most answers have been the usual scripted answers.

Pretty dumb reason when its already been proven that this can happen without a championship game. I seem to recall at least one pivotal game last season. It would be nice to have the additional TV revenue the championship game brings.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Pretty dumb reason when its already been proven that this can happen without a championship game. I seem to recall at least one pivotal game last season. It would be nice to have the additional TV revenue the championship game brings.

Was my exact thoughts. And a championship game may have been enough to get OSU back in.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Agreed. Also, OSU wouldve been helped by a championship game last season. One more game against one of the top teams from the conference mightve been the edge they needed.

And yeah, the money is a good reason too.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Thanks, Im good with 10.

Again, whether they truly mean it or not, the scripted answer is always going to be that we are all a happy Brady Bunch at 10 and are content with 10 for now. Until something happens, if anything does, I don't expect anyone within the conference to say anything but this.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I really don't know why anyone puts any stock into these "insider" sources claiming School A wants this and School B wants that. The Dude and others have proven only the ability to report rumors. I could start making a bunch of **** up about conference realignment and post it on WRNL and it would be the exact same thing. Until something definitive happened, no one could prove I was wrong.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Of course we are happy at 10, why would they say any different? Once we add 11 we will be happy there and probably even more happy when we get back to 12.

jflattery

Oct 29, 2008
Kansas City
I really don't know why anyone puts any stock into these "insider" sources claiming School A wants this and School B wants that. The Dude and others have proven only the ability to report rumors. I could start making a bunch of **** up about conference realignment and post it on WRNL and it would be the exact same thing. Until something definitive happened, no one could prove I was wrong.

When can we expect an update about Big 12 expansion from our Iowa State "insider"? :jimlad:

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Also, I would guess that as soon as we get a CCG we're also looking at the possibility of going back to an 8 game conference schedule. I would think the money from the CCG wouldn't make up from the loss of the extra week of conference games. Not too many top tens want 10 conference games to win the conference title.

jimmycy

Apr 19, 2006
Other than the money it would generate, I see no reason to expand just for a chamionship game. There is no proof, only specualtion that it would have helped OSU. If they would have lost in a CCG the whole narrative would be tha CCG cost them a shot at the title.

I'm good at 10. This conference needs to synergize with one another for a year or two. I'm good at 12 as well if it's the right 2 and they add long term value.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
We really need to get some insiders placed, get to work cw.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I want whatever is best for Iowa State, really.
+1 JP and SL will act in the best interest of ISU so I am not worried about what is going to happen. JP has said he is happy at 10. If that's our best interest right now, I am fully on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron