Official Big 12 Wrestling Championships

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Thanks a lot Jerome Ward for not showing up and losing us a Big 12 title. I hope he ends up on the bench next year.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Yes I can. I was not that far behind. But the whining on this site is ridiculous sometimes. We have won the last three in a row One wrestler has a bad day and only one finalist lost to a lower seed. Get a grip.

Four in a row was there for the taking, and ISU didn't. It stings, because ISU doesn't get many chances for conference championships.

I'll be interested to hear Jackson's comments...

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
A little dissappointing but we had some great wins. It'g going to take a number of guys wrestling above their seeds to win nationals, but everybody knew it would be a longshot with Sanderson transferring and then Gallick going down. But we've got a shot in Omaha with a few upsets and the squawks blowing some. That's all I expected at this point.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Yes I can. I was not that far behind. But the whining on this site is ridiculous sometimes. We have won the last three in a row One wrestler has a bad day and only one finalist lost to a lower seed. Get a grip.

Most people are just disappointed that this highly touted senior class won the Big 12 3 times but missed it their senior year. Watching most of the matches, I think only Varner and Big Z can really be stoked about the outcome; not saying that everyone else sucked just that I think all of them expected more. Reader actually did very well and I thought he did very well, but I think he would want that match back.

The main catch is that it is highly discouraging to see a lack-luster performance right before nationals, and a nationals in which our rivals are reved up and ready to take all comers behind the woodshed.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Four in a row was there for the taking, and ISU didn't. It stings, because ISU doesn't get many chances for conference championships.

I'll be interested to hear Jackson's comments...

They will be blunt and to the point. We did not get it done.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Thanks a lot Jerome Ward for not showing up and losing us a Big 12 title. I hope he ends up on the bench next year.

Why does everyone keep blaming this on Ward. There were only 3 wrestlers on the whole team that wrestled above their seed and I believe 6 total that wrestled to seed or above. We just need to get Ward to the NCAA's and hope that we can put a string of wins together.

125 - Seeded 1st, Finished 2nd
133 - Seeded 2nd, Finished 2nd
141 - Seeded 5th, Finished 4th
149 - Seeded 2nd, Finished 2nd
157 - Seeded 2nd, Finished 3rd
165 - Seeded 1st, Finished 2nd
174 - Seeded 4th, Finished 3rd
184 - Seeded 3rd, Finished 5th
197 - Seeded 1st, Finished 1st
HWT - Seeded 2nd, Finished 1st

Last edited:

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Why does everyone keep blaming this on Ward. There were only 2 wrestlers on the whole team that wrestled above their seed and I believe 4 total that wrestled to seed or above. We just need to get Ward to the NCAA's and hope that we can put a string of wins together.

Because the semifinal match was just huge. That was a 16 point swing in OSU's favor. Then he can't even come back and get a point in wrestlebacks. You win as a team and lose as a team, but he was just awful today.

anticyclonic

Mar 8, 2007
Lake Rathbun
Well atleast we finished strong. That will be good for Z in the seedings. Hopefully Ward gets a wildcard and we can take our whole team to Nationals. Maybe this loss will be a forthcoming for our wrestlers.

Disappointing but at least ISU is wrestling in a conference tournament with some real competition unlike Iowa and the little ten. ISU will need to step it up next at the Nationals. The thing is like a demolition derby, you never know who will get beat (remember Caldwell's win?) They might have a chance but have to really want it, they didn't today.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Because the semifinal match was just huge. That was a 16 point swing in OSU's favor. Then he can't even come back and get a point in wrestlebacks. You win as a team and lose as a team, but he was just awful today.

I don't like to pin team loses on one guy, but the man does have a point....:sad:

EYE4CY

Feb 15, 2010
You really want to point fingers at ward?????????? Get some class. It is a TEAM sport, no 1 person can lose it for the team. If there were 9 champs and ward got 5th, we would be #1. So why dont you blame it on the other 6 for not being 1st. It could be longs fault for losing to a kid he killed before. It could be readers fault for not getting 1 more takedown to win it. Or maybe it could be the team as a whole...pull your head out of whatever hole it is in and wake up. This is why everyone hates cyclone fans, because when something goes bad they point fingers and through someone under the bus. Usually it is a coach though.

Aug 14, 2009
Disappointing but at least ISU is wrestling in a conference tournament with some real competition unlike Iowa and the little ten. ISU will need to step it up next at the Nationals. The thing is like a demolition derby, you never know who will get beat (remember Caldwell's win?) They might have a chance but have to really want it, they didn't today.
Come on man, 3 of the top 5 teams are from the big 10.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
To get reaslistic about this, we all thought last year that we had a good shot at winning nationals this year. Then Cael quits and little brother transfers. That hurt but then Gallick, (who was rated number 1 I believe), goes down. That practically killed our chances. But we still have an outside shot if nearly everyone wrestles outstanding and eiu suffers a few setbacks. That's all we can ask for with what went down in the program this last year.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
You really want to point fingers at ward?????????? Get some class. It is a TEAM sport, no 1 person can lose it for the team. If there were 9 champs and ward got 5th, we would be #1. So why dont you blame it on the other 6 for not being 1st. It could be longs fault for losing to a kid he killed before. It could be readers fault for not getting 1 more takedown to win it. Or maybe it could be the team as a whole...pull your head out of whatever hole it is in and wake up. This is why everyone hates cyclone fans, because when something goes bad they point fingers and through someone under the bus. Usually it is a coach though.

Does everyone else really hate Cyclone fans? Your previous posts suggest you are not an ISU fan, so maybe you fall into the everyone else category?

afbowman

Mar 18, 2006
How many points did we lose w/Gallick abd Cyler. When you refer to the senior class that was so highly touted you need to take that into consideration. This team has had an outstanding season considering some of the holes we had.

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
To get reaslistic about this, we all thought last year that we had a good shot at winning nationals this year. Then Cael quits and little brother transfers. That hurt but then Gallick, (who was rated number 1 I believe), goes down. That practically killed our chances. But we still have an outside shot if nearly everyone wrestles outstanding and eiu suffers a few setbacks. That's all we can ask for with what went down in the program this last year.

+1. It is done and over with so lets look forward to the NCAA's now. It starts with hoping that Ward gets a wildcard.

EYE4CY

Feb 15, 2010
Does everyone else really hate Cyclone fans? Your previous posts suggest you are not an ISU fan, so maybe you fall into the everyone else category?

I am an ISU fan but it is times like these when i am embarrassed to say so. We got out wrestled today. A good fan would move on and hope to improve from it. Instead, everyone wants to point fingers and blame everyone else for it happening. Its like football...McCarney is sucking so fan call for him to be fired and he is, then Chizik comes in and sucks one year and everyone wants him fired already so the next year he is, now everyone loves roads but once he starts sucking the fans will throw him under the bus and want someone new. Its just stupid! Everybody else's fans know how most clone fans word and this thread is proving it. One bad tourney and im pretty sure you would throw ward off the bus in kansas if you could. You all should be ashamed!

Last edited by a moderator:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
way to go ZZZZZZZZZZ!NOW GO WIN A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP AT HEAVYWEIGHT BIG FELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa

This. Today was just a culmination of everything that could've, would've, and should've been. ISU worked for this year for 5 or 6 years. Red-shirted 6 studs and brought them along only to be bested by our rivals each and every time. Think of this team with Gallick, Cyler, and Brands still at VT. This was supposed to be the team that ended the drought.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
good job wrestlers.now surprise everyone with a national championship. and if you wrestle a penn state wrestler,make certain you bury his nose into the mat!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
I am an ISU fan but it is times like these when i am embarrassed to say so. We got out wrestled today. A good fan would move on and hope to improve from it. Instead, everyone wants to point fingers and blame everyone else for it happening. Its like football...McCarney is sucking so fan call for him to be fired and he is, then Chizik comes in and sucks one year and everyone wants him fired already so the next year he is, now everyone loves roads but once he starts sucking the fans will throw him under the bus and want someone new. Its just stupid! Everybody else's fans know how most clone fans word and this thread is proving it. One bad tourney and im pretty sure you would throw ward off the bus in kansas if you could. You all should be ashamed!

Chizik wasn't fired you big ol' Clone fan.

EDIT: Sorry for getting this off track. Hopefully this really lights a fire and we can get things rolling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron