****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Carlos made it to Ames at least once that I can remember. I've mostly blocked that era from memory.

Carlos made it to at least one game. It was over break and I sat in the front row of Cyclone alley about fifteen feet from him. Him and his special lady friend were sitting in the court side seats.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
SF Rodgerick Brown may reclassify to 2017. 6'7 200lbs, rated #174 in the class of '18, from Cordova, TN. No offer from ISU yet but listed as in interest on his 247 profile.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rodgerick-Brown-92331

What's with the troubling trend of pairing another first name with "Rick"? Toddrick. Rodgerick. Rick itself isn't great; Todd and Rodger certainly don't help.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
What's with the troubling trend of pairing another first name with "Rick"? Toddrick. Rodgerick. Rick itself isn't great; Todd and Rodger certainly don't help.
They're all just Rick Rolling you.
giphy.gif

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I really hope we can add a shooter for this year. Just a guy that can stand out at the 3 pt line and knock them down after Wigginton gets into the paint at will and draws the defense in.

I know we have DJ for that, but we'll need more than just him. Hopefully NWB's shot will be improved a lot, and we all know that Lewis can light it up big time from 3 (over 60% in HS), it's just a question if he can do that in college as a freshman with the bright lights on.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
I really hope we can add a shooter for this year. Just a guy that can stand out at the 3 pt line and knock them down after Wigginton gets into the paint at will and draws the defense in.

I know we have DJ for that, but we'll need more than just him. Hopefully NWB's shot will be improved a lot, and we all know that Lewis can light it up big time from 3 (over 60% in HS), it's just a question if he can do that in college as a freshman with the bright lights on.

Brase could be that guy.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
In today's podcast, CW didn't seem to think Brase would be a 3 pt guy. I hope he can. That would be great. IF we can get him that is. Still a huge assumption there as we all should know by now.

ESPN shows career stats of 100 for 286. That's not a bad career percentage, and he takes quite a few of them. Definitely not your 3 point sharpshooter, but a guy that you have to cover on the outside that stretches you out.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
So what shooters are out there? My guess is that Alstork and Thorpe aren't in our equation, so I'm just curious if we've identified anyone else

goclones69

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 5, 2012
Still amazes me how underrated this kid is. He's going to be really, really good. Reminds me of a better shooting Rashon Clark

• Agree
Reactions: ComCY and srjclone

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Still amazes me how underrated this kid is. He's going to be really, really good. Reminds me of a better shooting Rashon Clark
I guess he's maybe 6'5" like Clark and there are always worse comparisons, but he doesn't seem as athletic and has a much more advanced game at this point. The more highlight tape that gets posted the more I think the Clyburn comparisons are a stretch, if you will. He's not that long, and freakish length was a big part of Clyburn's game. Certainty not an Ejim type, either. I hope he's a better SDW at this point. If so, he'll play some next year. I don't see him threatening Babb for a starting spot as a freshman, but his shooting will be an asset.