****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
A lot of things have to happen for us to get Tyler Harris and even if we do, I really don't see him playing much.

-Babb isn't going to be moved from the PG spot. He's been good enough to keep it.

-He's not getting minutes over Babb, THT, Wigginton or Shayok.

-We could have a very deep roster. Especially if we got him. There's already 7 guys who would for sure play more than him. (Babb, Wigginton, Lard, Young, Shayok, THT, Jacobson.)

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Harris. Wish we had an open scholarship and didn't have to lose someone to get him. All 10 guys on roster right now have shown flashes of being able to help us win games.

Im sure I’m in the minority but if ISU loses a player to transfer and they have an open scholarship this spring, id much rather them use it on a sit out transfer or an elite grad transfer than Tyler Harris

Last edited:

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
A lot of things have to happen for us to get Tyler Harris and even if we do, I really don't see him playing much.

-Babb isn't going to be moved from the PG spot. He's been good enough to keep it.

-He's not getting minutes over Babb, THT, Wigginton or Shayok.

-We could have a very deep roster. Especially if we got him. There's already 7 guys who would for sure play more than him. (Babb, Wigginton, Lard, Young, Shayok, THT, Jacobson.)

Now don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Harris. Wish we had an open scholarship and didn't have to lose someone to get him. All 10 guys on roster right now have shown flashes of being able to help us win games.
I don’t know if this is Harris, but we do have a need for another primary ball handler that can play at a Big 12 level next year imo. If that’s not TH, hopefully we get a GT

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Im sure I’m in the minority but if ISU loses a player to transfer and they have an open scholarship this spring, id much rather them use it on a sit out transfer or an elite grad transfer
Perfect time for an elite SG.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
I don't want Talley to leave, but what are the rules for grad transfers since he had two years left?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
  • Informative
Reactions: IASTATE07 and Cydar

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I don't want Talley to leave, but what are the rules for grad transfers since he had two years left?

If he has graduated (which he has), then could they stop him? I'm sure it's very rare, because it's extremely rare to have a grad transfer with 2 years left.

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Perfect time for an elite SG.
I thought that last year.

With DJ gone we could definitely use a shooter, but we’ll have a lot of non-pg guards (with possibly none being great shooters).

I think we’ll need to win via defense, rebounding, and transition. With Babb being the only pg and some questions about shooting, it may be tough to be efficient on offense.