****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
He's more of a shooting guard, I doubt the two are connected.

I think he's a combo. Rivals has him listed as PG, 247 has him as a SG. Verbal commits has him as PG, so he may have showed enough this summer that our staff is comfortable with him at the Point?

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think he's a combo. Rivals has him listed as PG, 247 has him as a SG. Verbal commits has him as PG, so he may have showed enough this summer that our staff is comfortable with him at the Point?

That explanation only works if they for sure have a commit out of him which they don't.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
That explanation only works if they for sure have a commit out of him which they don't.

McNeill is visiting in September and between him, Joiner and Bryant, the staff may have made the decision that it's best to wait.

We'll see, but it doesn't sound like our staff is losing too much sleep over Wright.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
McNeill is visiting in September and between him, Joiner and Bryant, the staff may have made the decision that it's best to wait.

We'll see, but it doesn't sound like our staff is losing too much sleep over Wright.

Just seems strange the staff and specifically the head coach would spend so much time recruiting him only to say no thanks when it came down to visits. They had two people, Prohm included, that flew to Vegas to watch watch him just a couple weeks ago.

And there is this:

Alex Halsted ‏@AlexHalsted Jul 30

Iowa State had either assistant Neill Berry or head coach Steve Prohm at every one of Wright's games during the July period.

1 retweet 11 likes

Reactions: Hayes30 and isucy86

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
I'm assuming this means we have Sexton locked up as our PG and McNeill as our combo/SG

If only you were serious. A player like Sexton is a long way from being locked up, by any school. EVEN if we would be lucky enough to get his commitment, we would have to hang on for dear life until signing day, whether that would be in November or May.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
If only you were serious. A player like Sexton is a long way from being locked up, by any school. EVEN if we would be lucky enough to get his commitment, we would have to hang on for dear life until signing day, whether that would be in November or May.

I'm glad you were able to understand I wasn't serious

Reactions: isutrevman

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Just seems strange the staff and specifically the head coach would spend so much time recruiting him only to say no thanks when it came down to visits. They had two people, Prohm included, that flew to Vegas to watch watch him just a couple weeks ago.

And there is this:

Iowa State had either assistant Neill Berry or head coach Steve Prohm at every one of Wright's games during the July period.

1 retweet 11 likes

Kind of looks like 1 coach thought he was worth a scholly, but the boss after watch lots of games more recently said just not going to work with the kid.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

And there is this:

1 retweet 11 likes

What are these coaches doing fully evaluating these kids like this and coming to a decision not to offer? We need to do more blind offers and make sure that if kids we're in on aren't improving or showing the game that we want we accept their commitment right away and live with it.

Reactions: peteypie

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Kind of looks like 1 coach thought he was worth a scholly, but the boss after watch lots of games more recently said just not going to work with the kid.

I agree. If they went to see him at every opportunity in July and pulled the offer, I don't see an issue. They decided he wasn't right for the program.

• Winner
Reactions: acgclone

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Has this been discussed? Tweet is two days old.

@HoopExchange: 2017 Providence G Zack Bryant is on an official visit to UAB this weekend. He has officials scheduled to Clemson, Georgia, and Iowa State.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Has this been discussed? Tweet is two days old.

@HoopExchange: 2017 Providence G Zack Bryant is on an official visit to UAB this weekend. He has officials scheduled to Clemson, Georgia, and Iowa State.

First I've heard of a schedule visit for him. Probably our top back up plan for McNeill.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

And there is this:

1 retweet 11 likes

Perhaps they saw some flaws in his game after extended viewing? Perhaps they feel they have a great chance at someone else? It's water under the bridge now.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Lindell Wigginton's top 7 is Iowa State, Oregon, Louisville, Baylor, Arizona State, Virginia Tech, and Texas.
How long have we been in on him? Doesn't look like we were even listed on a few of the sites, if we were rising with this kid, that could explain Wright.

• Agree
Reactions: enisthemenace