****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
On the recruiting front, Mar reports scholarship offers from DePaul, Iowa State, Nebraska, Northern Iowa, Toledo and Xavier.

I can't imagine Minny, Wisconsin and Marquette not getting in on this kid at some point.

They are I think we'll hear about them offering him soon.

From later in the article...
"He recently made the short trip to the University of Minnesota for its team scrimmage. Mar said that he knows the Minnesota campus quite well since it is nearby. “I went to Wisconsin for a football game there as an unofficial, which was pretty cool,” said Mar. He does not have a scholarship offer from Wisconsin but he says that he talks to the staff frequently. Marquette is another school that is in frequent contact with Mar but has not extended an offer to him at this point."

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Seems like just yesterday .... but 3 years ago a person working in Fred's program and I had a visit about how we would gain a lot of ground in the Minnesota recruiting area. Hate to say it now, but Pitino is getting it going, along with promised new facilities. So much talent up in that area for him to prioritize compared to our state. Will be interesting to see what he does with what looks to be a good 2016 class. Still hope we can pluck a few now and then.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Seems like just yesterday .... but 3 years ago a person working in Fred's program and I had a visit about how we would gain a lot of ground in the Minnesota recruiting area. Hate to say it now, but Pitino is getting it going, along with promised new facilities. So much talent up in that area for him to prioritize compared to our state. Will be interesting to see what he does with what looks to be a good 2016 class. Still hope we can pluck a few now and then.

That whole "pipeline" thing never really got going when Fred wasn't willing to commit to being here. With TJ back, we have a shot at grabbing some Minnesota kids, IMO.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

3 years ago? So right about before Fred started secretly interviewing for NBA jobs and pretty much stopped caring about recruiting? Sounds about right.

josh4cyclones

Sep 25, 2012
We all know about Thon but maybe a few know about big time ISU target Harris. Well per KU media they both were in unofficially to Allen last night. So just a little concerning bc I do not want to see him end up at KU. So Prohm and staff needs to get him up to Hilton. Bc I feel with Prohms PG/NBA rep and our fanbase well minds might be swayed! Bc of the Twitter buzz looks like Blake liked Allen and KU
@NotLandenLucas: Part 2:
• 4⭐️ 2017 PG Blake Harris visited Kansas tonight to watch the game.
• 5⭐️ Center Thon Maker also came to the game tonight.

Last edited:

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
We all know about Thon but maybe a few know about big time ISU target Harris. Well per KU media they both were in unofficially to Allen last night. I do not want to see highly thought after Blake Harris go to KU. Prohm and staff need to get him up to Hilton. Bc of the Twitter buzz looks like Blake liked Allen and KU
@NotLandenLucas: Part 2:
• 4⭐️ 2017 PG Blake Harris visited Kansas tonight to watch the game.
• 5⭐️ Center Thon Maker also came to the game tonight.

It's almost pointless to compete with KU and other blue bloods for big time HS recruits IMO.

Prohm's rep with PG's might give us a small chance in Harris's case though.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
Per LLCoolJansma

Iowa State is in to see Spain Park (AL) 2017 guard Jamal Johnson @_jamaljohnson @BAMAMIXTAPE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron