****Official Class of 2017 Recruiting Thread****

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I am guessing this is a reaction to them getting Walker. I wonder who still has spots that was recruiting him before? OSU, KSU? Missouri?

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
A couple years apart, but Jacobsen also played for Mokan in the AAU circuit I believe. From the video I could find, looks like a pretty nice release on his shot.

Looks like a mini-Burton to me. I hope they at least take a close look at him.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
2018 Rodgerick Browjust reclassified to 2017, and Jerry Meyer put in a crystal ball for Iowa State in the process of reporting it. Was #189 on 247 for his class, not sure for this class. But damn, kid has some bunnies.

http://247sports.com/Player/Rodgerick-Brown-92331

That would be a great get this late in the game. I know a lot of people think Lewis will be a 3 for us, but I think he might be better suited as a 2. Getting this guy as a 3 for the 2017 class would be great.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Teammates with Tyler Harris whom we are after as well, might have a good shot at R. Brown.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...brown-see-recruiting-interest-soar/101258482/

From reading that article, I think Brown compares similarly to Juiston's game IMO.

Brown is listed at 6'7" 202 lbs, and Juiston 6'7" 215 lbs. Juiston was known as an inside player, not so much on the perimeter, good rebounder, but not a great shooter.

Brown, in the article, is described as a guy who is a great rebounder, but needs to work on his shot and his ball handling. So I think he compares very similarly to Juiston IMO.

He would definitely be a great addition at this point. He has tons of athletic ability, good rebounder, good defender, runs the court well. You can always find playing time for guys who will rebound and defend that's for sure. Lewis and Brown are about the same height and build, but are completely different players. Brown is definitely more of a 3-4 player, while Lewis could play the 2 or 3 on the perimeter. Would love to add Brown!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
That would be a great get this late in the game. I know a lot of people think Lewis will be a 3 for us, but I think he might be better suited as a 2. Getting this guy as a 3 for the 2017 class would be great.

this guys is a long ways from ever playing the 3, watch all his highlights, his range is 10-12ft, every highlight is a dunk, layup or put back and he shows no wing skills whatsoever. At this point, he looks like a garbage man type of player, a scrappy, undersized 4. Who knows though, we could have said the same about Melvin Ejim his first 2 years at ISU. Regardless of what he plays, I think this kid has a ton of potential and he already looks the part from a strength and athleticism standpoint. Even if he ends up a 3, he and Lewis have a different enough skillset, that they could both be on the floor at the same time.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
this guys is a long ways from ever playing the 3, watch all his highlights, his range is 10-12ft, every highlight is a dunk, layup or put back and he shows no wing skills whatsoever. At this point, he looks like a garbage man type of player, a scrappy, undersized 4. Who knows though, we could have said the same about Melvin Ejim his first 2 years at ISU. Regardless of what he plays, I think this kid has a ton of potential and he already looks the part from a strength and athleticism standpoint. Even if he ends up a 3, he and Lewis have a different enough skillset, that they could both be on the floor at the same time.

Pretty much agree with all of this.

It's always kind of worrisome when someone's highlight reel consists only of dunks. I wanted to see more "skills" on the video besides just great leaping ability, and it sounds like he indeed doesn't have the greatest ball handling or shooting ability.

However, as I said above, with his leaping ability he can probably play the 4 if we go small and still provide rebounding, and I will always take a good defender. I feel like he's a Hogue type player, however, Hogue could hit the 3. So maybe he would compare closer to someone like Rashon Clark? Great athlete, good rebounder, decent defender, great dunker, can run the court, but not the best handles or shooter.

Reactions: heitclone

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
Sign me up for wanting Brown. Would be a solid pickup this late and a steal with him reclassifying to 2017. Next all we need is a grad transfer guard who gets buckets and start preparing for this season.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Brown has a skill set 2017-18 is missing. Plus we'd have four solid Freshmen to build the future around.

Brown, Lewis and Thompson would give us a future great 3-4 rotation. Add Moss and Harris to Shayok and Wiggy in the backcourt w/ the three bigs and our talent level is as high as and deep as it's been since Fred being hired. Yes I know I left out NWB who will always find a niche and Long who is yet to be determined.

Last edited:

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
@jerrymeyer247 Hearing good things about Rodgerick Brown and Iowa State? Or is it a gut feeling?
@jerrymeyer247 Hearing good things

I refuse to get excited about this. I REPEAT, I refuse to get excited about this. I refuse. Okay, kinda kidding, but after Juiston, McNeill, etc., I just want to be surprised vs. bummed.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm going to try to not get too excited about this possibility too. Been burned WAY too often this offseason for that.

Wichita State scares me a bit. We shouldn't lose recruits to Wichita State, but they are a well known basketball powerhouse now, and them moving to the AAC from the MVC doesn't hurt either for their recruiting.

C'mon Prohm and company, seal the deal on this one!!