****Official Class of 2018 Recruiting Thread****

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

Update on AJ Green. Not sure how likely it is he doesn't go to UNI but I do like his game & he keeps getting better.

Edit: I believe this is a members only article but if you open it in twitter you can read it.

What's with him and wanting to go to UNI? He's a four star recruit. He can easily find a decent minutes role in a P5 school.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
What's with him and wanting to go to UNI? He's a four star recruit. He can easily find a decent minutes role in a P5 school.
You're underestimating how big of a factor having a relative on staff is. If it can cause guys can like Ben Simmons & Michael Porter to play for LSU & Mizzou, it can definitely cause Green to go to UNI.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
You're underestimating how big of a factor having a relative on staff is. If it can cause guys can like Ben Simmons & Michael Porter to play for LSU & Mizzou, it can definitely cause Green to go to UNI.
Article states doesn't have an offer from ISU. He mentions his offer list and lower down that he took an unofficial to a ISU Kansas game and loved the environment. But without an offer, we aren't really in the race at all.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I know he's a 4 star, but I'm not completely sold on Green at the next level. Definitely could be dead wrong though.

• Agree
Reactions: Ajg515

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Is JorBo another version of Gessel where all he does is runs in circles dribbling with his head down then d*ck bumps his teammates after a good play?

JorBo can shoot, and is an ok passer, but that's it. Pretty limited game, but can be valuable as a role player. He's awful defensively, not the best ball handler, and not very good at driving it either.

What JorBo would be great at is as an off the bench shooter that can come in and stand behind the 3 pt line as a 2 guard and knock down shots and spread the floor. But he is not a P5 level point guard at all. He'd be better at the 2 guard IMO.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
JorBo can shoot, and is an ok passer, but that's it. Pretty limited game, but can be valuable as a role player. He's awful defensively, not the best ball handler, and not very good at driving it either.

What JorBo would be great at is as an off the bench shooter that can come in and stand behind the 3 pt line as a 2 guard and knock down shots and spread the floor. But he is not a P5 level point guard at all. He'd be better at the 2 guard IMO.

Trust me, this is nothing personal at all, and everyone has a right to their opinion. But why do I think that you will eventually regret ever saying that.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonefam

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Trust me, this is nothing personal at all, and everyone has a right to their opinion. But why do I think that you will eventually regret ever saying that.

You could be right. Notice though that I didn't say he isn't a P5 level basketball player. He is. He's just not really a "point guard". He's a shooting guard playing the point because Iowa has nobody better to play point.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Saying that won't cause him to be better than he is or worse than he is. It has nothing to do with how good he will be eventually.

Personally, I think JorBo will have a bit of an adjustment next year going from being the 3rd focus of defenses to the first or second.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
You could be right. Notice though that I didn't say he isn't a P5 level basketball player. He is. He's just not really a "point guard". He's a shooting guard playing the point because Iowa has nobody better to play point.

aka Mike Gessell 2.0

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Saying that won't cause him to be better than he is or worse than he is. It has nothing to do with how good he will be eventually.

Personally, I think JorBo will have a bit of an adjustment next year going from being the 3rd focus of defenses to the first or second.

So...you're back to attack, I see. Where was it even said what a poster says will cause the player to be worse or better than he is?? Man, you like to pick. Think it was quite obvious to the poster that is was referring to a person might 'evaluate' a player early only to have to eat his words on that prediction later.

• Disagree
Reactions: Ajg515

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Trust me, this is nothing person at all, but why are you so optimistic for the Hawks and pessimistic for the Cyclones?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Trust me, this is nothing person at all, but why are you so optimistic for the Hawks and pessimistic for the Cyclones?

Since you brought it up, no way am I pessimistic for the Cyclones. Was I worried about making the tournament this year back in early February? You bet I was.... one of MANY if you read this board. Now, do I think we will have growing pains this next season? Yes, I do.... again, I'm not the only one. Just don't think its fair to expect Wigginton, Lewis, Lard, McNeil to come in and be big12 ready. Obviously still excited like most and also hoping for good things with the juco/transfer additions possible yet.

As for Iowa, did they have a bunch of experience to replace and did they have growing pains this past year? Yes, they did. Thus not making the dance. Do they now have a lot of returning players with experience in a not-so-scary big10? Yes, they do.

Btw, Its just the way I am, it isn't just with the Hawks. Rather not think about them. Tweets from their fans bashing us get under my skin. So, I agree, I'm to a fault, leary of letting myself do that to them or anyone else. For example, multiple posters used to come on here and bash, actually make fun of Scott Drew a lot. He's only beat our butts 4 out of the last 6 times, gained national mention for his continued team's success, etc. Has nothing to do with pessimism for the Cyclones when I shun away from that kind of stuff with our opponents.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron