****Official Class Of 2025 Recruiting Thread****

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Perforate?

invisible_holes_001_7908.png
Why you got to bring Roy Williams into this?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I literally just told you that isn’t what I meant. Literally.

You don’t get to reinterpret what say.

QFT:
“So…how long before our recruiting profile bumps up another notch?”

Sigh. And you say that I “like” to correct people. Not true. I explained that you misunderstood what I said, and how, yet you persist.

That’s not how this works.
Why you getting so worked up? How did i presist. I responded to your apparently horribly worded post. Then I followed up by saying the portal this spring is where we're going to see us complete for the best available talent. I was trying to answer your question. Now you're back tracking because you apparapparely didn't understand your own question.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Do you guys see that off in the distance? It’s the Curtis Stinson Jr. ship that has now sailed away.
I’m thankful to have our coach that doesn’t automatically take legacy recruits. Martin ranciks son wasn’t even on our radar even that I’m aware of

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
Yes. On a crappy year any team is liable to lose almost half their roster, like end of Prohm years. NOW, with the winning culture in place, success rolling, we will not have much turnover this year. My bet is Pavelevski leaves.

Having said that, I do worry someone like Keshon Gilbert could get some really crappy advice from a handler, just like Tyrese Hunter got two years ago..... That's the downside of the era we are in. If I am Gilbert I crush it here for one more year then go the NBA. Some people though can be a negative influence and give terrible advice.
Gilbert seems to really enjoy being at ISU. Said he wanted to play for TJ at UNLV. Also commented on how quiet Ames is, allowing him to concentrate on bball.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Yes. On a crappy year any team is liable to lose almost half their roster, like end of Prohm years. NOW, with the winning culture in place, success rolling, we will not have much turnover this year. My bet is Pavelevski leaves.

Having said that, I do worry someone like Keshon Gilbert could get some really crappy advice from a handler, just like Tyrese Hunter got two years ago..... That's the downside of the era we are in. If I am Gilbert I crush it here for one more year then go the NBA. Some people though can be a negative influence and give terrible advice.
I don’t know if Pav will leave, I could see it based on his limited minutes this year. But I fully anticipate Omaha will not be here next year.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I’m actually talking about all year. I know he hasn’t had a lot of minutes but he seemed to be on the ground a lot.
We throw to many low passes to our bigs on the move that should be bounces.

Side note, I can't believe it's snowing. I'm currently in Altoona.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If we are actually going to add the UNI guard that seems like a telling sign Milan will see a lot more time at the 4. Makes sense to run a bunch of the offense through him as a high post. Rock would excel getting dump down passes. His highlights indicate he'd be solid as a pick and pop shooter as well. I don't see him running the high screens with the ball like Jones does.

There's just no way we're adding 2 centers. The kid is going to play. If we do add Heise we'll obviously have to lose someone but if Milan is mainly at the 4 the departure could be a guard or forward.

Rotation carved from this looks pretty salty
G Lipsey Gilbert Jones
W Heise Indrusaitis
F Momcilovic Watson Biliew Fish
C transfer Rock

No I don't think we'll have an 11 man rotation. Probably 8 with a couple more getting semi regular spot minutes. If we do add Heise, Momcilovic sliding more to the 4 basically assures one of the other forwards leaving. Not to speculate but I'd bet Watson would be one that retuns.

Also if someone leaves for the draft that's actually a good thing in the long run. Having guys drafted helps recruiting.

Last edited:

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
If we are actually going to add the UNI guard that seems like a telling sign Milan will see a lot more time at the 4. Makes sense to run a bunch of the offense through him as a high post. Rock would excel getting dump down passes. His highlights indicate he'd be solid as a pick and pop shooter as well. I don't see him running the high screens with the ball like Jones does.

There's just no way we're adding 2 centers. The kid is going to play. If we do add Heise we'll obviously have to lose someone but if Milan is mainly at the 4 the departure could be a guard or forward.

Rotation carved from this looks pretty salty
G Lipsey Gilbert Jones
W Heise Indrusaitis
F Momcilovic Watson Biliew Fish
C transfer Rock

No I don't think we'll have an 11 man rotation. Probably 8 with a couple more getting semi regular spot minutes. If we do add Heise, Momcilovic sliding more to the 4 basically assures one of the other forwards leaving. Not to speculate but I'd bet Watson would be one that retuns.

Also if someone leaves for the draft that's actually a good thing in the long run. Having guys drafted helps recruiting.
We also have Jelani Hamilton coming off a redshirt as a 6-5 guard. We need to add a C or PF before adding another guard like Heise.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
I think we’ll see some attrition at guard. Not from our big 3 but I can guess we’ll still add a guard. And Heise might be a good option with an already loaded backcourt