****Official Class Of 2025 Recruiting Thread****

cjclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 22, 2006
Good player but if he plays defense like his brothers, no. His brothers are soft. We have no need for soft dudes that get pushed around.
Sounds like the recruiting report I heard. Skilled offensively.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So…how long before our recruiting profile bumps up another notch?

Totally unrelated to the above…Maybe it’s just me, but the ‘25 offers seem (aside from Rogers) a notch behind the ‘23 and ‘24 signees.

Or are the recruiting services just not valuing them properly yet?

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Totally unrelated to the above…Maybe it’s just me, but the ‘25 offers seem (aside from Rogers) a notch behind the ‘23 and ‘24 signees.

Looking at how this staff has been recruiting, and who they’ve been recruiting, it can’t get a lot higher, and they’re pretty selective in the traits they’re looking for.

I’d think it may open a few more doors, but mostly should help solidify ISU as a destination for talented, hard nosed kids.

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006

We don’t room for many. Roster is real young.

Reactions: exCYtable

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Why would you want TJ to change what he's doing? What he's doing seems to be working. If we simply go after the highest ranked recruits we'll have teams that look like the elite teams but come up short because we'll never out recruit those schools on the prospects that have been told they are the best of the best. TJ wants guys that will buy in that's the metrics that doesn't get accounted.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
We don’t room for many. Roster is real young.
Agree with his at the guard spot. Front line is thin right now though.

Agree with others here that the portal has a lot to do with this. The whole recruiting dynamic has changed. Why put all the time and effort into HS recruiting when there are very few sure fire players (see Haliburton and Lipsey versus Omaha for example) when you can see how they actually perform at a college level?

Last edited:
Reactions: jmb

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Agree with his at the guard spot. Front line is thin right now though.

Agree with others here that the portal has a lot to do with this. The whole recruiting dynamic has changed. Why put all the time and effort into HS recruiting when there are very few sure fire players (see Haliburton and Lipsey versus Omaha for example) when you can see how they actually perforate a college level?

Perforate?

invisible_holes_001_7908.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NENick

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Why would you want TJ to change what he's doing? What he's doing seems to be working. If we simply go after the highest ranked recruits we'll have teams that look like the elite teams but come up short because we'll never out recruit those schools on the prospects that have been told they are the best of the best. TJ wants guys that will buy in that's the metrics that doesn't get accounted.
I don’t recall saying anything about TJ changing what he is doing.

“Changing our recruiting profile” has to do with a broader range of recruits noticing and having interest in the program. And that “range” is in more than one dimension.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum and CyValley

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
The portal makes roster turnover inevitable. Every offseason will see 1/3 to 1/2 the roster turn over
Yes. On a crappy year any team is liable to lose almost half their roster, like end of Prohm years. NOW, with the winning culture in place, success rolling, we will not have much turnover this year. My bet is Pavelevski leaves.

Having said that, I do worry someone like Keshon Gilbert could get some really crappy advice from a handler, just like Tyrese Hunter got two years ago..... That's the downside of the era we are in. If I am Gilbert I crush it here for one more year then go the NBA. Some people though can be a negative influence and give terrible advice.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I don’t recall saying anything about TJ changing what he is doing.

“Changing our recruiting profile” has to do with a broader range of recruits noticing and having interest in the program. And that “range” is in more than one dimension.
You asked when we'd see an uptick in recruiting. That's asking when we focus more on higher rated recruits. Like I've said over and over we'll never out Duke the Dookies of the world. TJ is going to get the guys that are willing to fight for every possession. I also @Aclone you in another thread that the portal this spring is when we'll see TJ going after the best portal transfer big(s) because if they are looking to put themselves in the brightest spotlight we are at or near the top of the list .

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You asked when we'd see an uptick in recruiting. That's asking when we focus more on higher rated recruits. Like I've said over and over we'll never out Duke the Dookies of the world. TJ is going to get the guys that are willing to fight for every possession. I also @Aclone you in another thread that the portal this spring is when we'll see TJ going after the best portal transfer big(s) because if they are looking to put themselves in the brightest spotlight we are at or near the top of the list .
I literally just told you that isn’t what I meant. Literally.

You don’t get to reinterpret what say.

QFT:
“So…how long before our recruiting profile bumps up another notch?”

Sigh. And you say that I “like” to correct people. Not true. I explained that you misunderstood what I said, and how, yet you persist.

That’s not how this works.

Help Support Us

Become a patron