****Official Class Of 2025 Recruiting Thread****

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
He wanted to be a Cyclone but we took Nojus over him.
True. At the time there was a big debate on which of Nick or Nojus would be the better take as they were closely ranked at the time (plus Nick is a WI kid and Nojus was a supposed Illinois lock).
The staff clearly believed Nojus had the higher potential and was their priority. That looks right as of today as Nojus ranking has risen where Nick has stagnated. Still it will interesting to follow thier career's to see how it plays out in college.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
Just saw on 247 that Jamarion Bateman was at the KU game on Saturday. Great game to have a recruit in for, that's for sure!

With as good as our team is and back to back solid recruiting classes, I haven’t paid as much attention to 2025 class as i normally would. I wish Bynum would have been at that game. Would love to get Batemon and Bynum.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
We desperately need some bigs. Genuinely concerned about our front court next year although you have to think immediate playing time on a top 10-15 program with the talent we have returning at guard and on the wing is going to be a draw in the transfer portal.

Reactions: nrg4isu

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We desperately need some bigs. Genuinely concerned about our front court next year although you have to think immediate playing time on a top 10-15 program with the talent we have returning at guard and on the wing is going to be a draw in the transfer portal.
I'd love to see Omaha stay and then add one graduate transfer big (if Omaha doesn't stay, two graduate transfer bigs). Between those two and JT Rock, I think that would be plenty with our great guards.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA
I haven’t been following this class very well, but would love to land Bynum or Rodgers as we need bigs, and/or Hannah and Batemon. My dream would be Bynum, Hannah, and Batemon. There was Xzavion Mitchell from WI as well that can play multiple positions that would be a solid get. Not sure what the priorities would be of those following this class more closely?

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I haven’t been following this class very well, but would love to land Bynum or Rodgers as we need bigs, and/or Hannah and Batemon. My dream would be Bynum, Hannah, and Batemon. There was Xzavion Mitchell from WI as well that can play multiple positions that would be a solid get. Not sure what the priorities would be of those following this class more closely?

It’s a lot more quiet this recruiting cycle. I know where we stand with Bateman but have no idea on where we stand on the rest of the recruits

• Agree
Reactions: JVAR and nrg4isu

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I'd love to see Omaha stay and then add one graduate transfer big (if Omaha doesn't stay, two graduate transfer bigs). Between those two and JT Rock, I think that would be plenty with our great guards.
Omaha is definitely not going pro and doubt he transfers. Hopefully he's progressing and is ready to go next season. It's been a bit frustrating not seeing that highly rated of a guy not play much yet.

A lot of people seem to forget that Stinson is in the 25 class and there's little mention of him recently. He may be the next point guard for us after playing behind Lipsey for his senior year.

With a year of redshirting I feel good about Rock being able to step in next season and being able to contribute minutes.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Omaha is definitely not going pro and doubt he transfers. Hopefully he's progressing and is ready to go next season. It's been a bit frustrating not seeing that highly rated of a guy not play much yet.

A lot of people seem to forget that Stinson is in the 25 class and there's little mention of him recently. He may be the next point guard for us after playing behind Lipsey for his senior year.

With a year of redshirting I feel good about Rock being able to step in next season and being able to contribute minutes.
My worry is not the draft. It's the G League. Hopefully he is enjoying his experience at Iowa State and sees the value in that. TJ and his staff will definitely develop his skills as much as is possible (and he's got a ton of them once he gets up to speed).

I've read on here that we may have cooled on Stinson.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI

I dont think anyone is forgetting, we're just not recruiting him. His stock is down and doubt he's going to be an impactful high major recruit.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
True. At the time there was a big debate on which of Nick or Nojus would be the better take as they were closely ranked at the time (plus Nick is a WI kid and Nojus was a supposed Illinois lock).
The staff clearly believed Nojus had the higher potential and was their priority. That looks right as of today as Nojus ranking has risen where Nick has stagnated. Still it will interesting to follow thier career's to see how it plays out in college.
Nojus has more length and is way more athletic.

Help Support Us

Become a patron