***Official gamethread Iowa State at Texas Tech

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
The game is 40 minutes long. We need to come out with some kind of energy at the start of these games. There is no margin for error with this team. I wouldn't take anything for granted. Defense was a joke, the way it sounded. We got rebounds, but not when we needed them. You get what you put into it.

Last edited:

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
fennelly needs to recruit the inner cities for some quick, good ball handing,good three point shooters .we seem to get beat in the big eight by coaches that have recruited good athetes from many inter city neighborhoods.i am not being a racist,but seems like we get trounced when we play on the road by teams that have some super good black ladies whom are playing for our opponents.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
fennelly needs to recruit the inner cities for some quick, good ball handing,good three point shooters .we seem to get beat in the big eight by coaches that have recruited good athetes from many inter city neighborhoods.i am not being a racist,but seems like we get trounced when we play on the road by teams that have some super good black ladies whom are playing for our opponents.

see next year's recruiting class.

NYCy

Feb 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Texas Tech Coach Kristy Curry's post-game quote:

"We thought tonight was a must win, as a staff, I think that we tried to educate our team because we have not been to this point. The process of educating them on the situation as far as where we are at, the situation we have gotten ourselves into and understanding our resume. It is huge, and we are 5-1 against the north. We were both 17-7, they have five wins and now we have five wins. We have beaten the top two teams in the north. The difference comes in the fact that we are about to play No. 1 Baylor, No. 5 A&M, No. 15 Oklahoma and Texas on the road, and they are about to play a different schedule. So, I think it is important come selection time that the two wins that really come into play are going to be huge and will be Kansas State and Iowa State.... Iowa State is a great team. To me Bill Fennelly is the best coach in this league, and I hope no one takes offense to that because there are some great coaches, but to have the opportunity we knew they weren't going to go away and then to be able to finish was huge for our confidence and who we are trying to become in the future."