OFFICIAL Going to Dallas Thread

CyGrad04

Sep 16, 2011
I booked the Crowne Plaza, flights out of Omaha and some shady tickets in the nosebleeds. Tickets are a rip off at 300 ea., but we didn't want to risk not having any. Go State!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
If anyone has an extra ticket and/or is looking for another person to share a drive with, let me know.

Also, would we be on the “north team” sideline? Trying to figure out where our sideline will be.
Home team is on the side with the lower numbered sections. South team according to seat geeks chart and the one ISU listed last week.

Reactions: cyfan4St8

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
Home team is on the side with the lower numbered sections. South team according to seat geeks chart and the one ISU listed last week.
Well crap... if that’s the case then I am at the wrong side. Hopefully up in the nose bleeds it will be fairly mixed, or clone fans could just buy all the tickets available!!!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Well crap... if that’s the case then I am at the wrong side. Hopefully up in the nose bleeds it will be fairly mixed, or clone fans could just buy all the tickets available!!!
I would imagine there will be plenty of ISU fans mixed around the entire stadium. We got a big head start on ticket sales since we basically knew last weekend. You won’t be in a sea of OU fans unless you bought lower level on the North team side, but the nosebleeds will probably be pretty mixed around the entire 400 level.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’m staying at the Hyatt right by the airport, but that’s just because GTO is swinging by and picking me up. I think it’s like a 20ish minute drive to the stadium, though, so no overly close.

Which Hyatt by the airport? The one IN the airport or the one right next to the rental car? Or the one a mile or so away?

Huge differences in quality of staying in Dallas with each of those.

I also am assuming DFW because there's a Hyatt near Love Field too.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Grand Hyatt DFW. Just picked the first I saw.

Oh boy. That's IN the airport. I actually stayed there one time, even though I live in Dallas, because I had like a 8-9 hour layover after a flight got canceled and they gave me a free hotel.

They used to give you a pass to go in the airport so you can check out those dining options. Admittedly I don't know what's open in the DFW airport these days and don't know if they are doing the pass thing during the pandemic. But you're limited to pretty much the airport. Also your ubers will have the airport tax/toll if you want to get off the airport property.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Oh boy. That's IN the airport. I actually stayed there one time, even though I live in Dallas, because I had like a 8-9 hour layover after a flight got canceled and they gave me a free hotel.

They used to give you a pass to go in the airport so you can check out those dining options. Admittedly I don't know what's open in the DFW airport these days and don't know if they are doing the pass thing during the pandemic. But you're limited to pretty much the airport. Also your ubers will have the airport tax/toll if you want to get off the airport property.
I’ve got a couple of different friends that live in Dallas. Imma make them taxi me everywhere.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
If you aren't a top donor I don't think you are getting them through the University. I thought I saw 5k max alotment and would be offered by donor level. So if you are below 1K per year donor you probably are SOL. I also believe they were in the $180 range. Didnt want to risk not getting them through the U, then end up paying 4 times as much.
Glad I got mine a week ago, at half that price.
With the limited seating it is going to sell out fast.
Driving down Friday, back after game, to as far as KC.
Yeah, I’m not banking on getting tickets through the university.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
We have a crew of four staying at the Sheraton north of the stadium. We'll be getting in on Thursday evening.

Any word on how the tickets are selling through the university?

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
We have a crew of four staying at the Sheraton north of the stadium. We'll be getting in on Thursday evening.

Any word on how the tickets are selling through the university?
We just got tix in C307 at 1pm via ISU. I would imagine they are getting close to selling out, if those were the best available.

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Bought mine right after the Texas win. Driving down Friday and will drive back Sunday. Section 403

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

IowaStateFam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2017
My wife and I will be there. Section 406. Driving down Friday morning. Bought tickets about 5 minutes after the Texas game....... was gonna get them before, but I'm a baseball guy. (Superstitious and stuff!)

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Wife and I are flying in Thursday night, exploring the area (mostly Fort Worth) on Friday, winning the 'ship on Saturday, and flying back Sunday. Staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Arlington. 45ish minute walk to Jerry World if Ubers are hard to get. BTW, for those asking, 18,000 fans are allowed in. 5K per school and 8K for the general public.