***Official Happy 311 Day Thread***********

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Anyone heard anything about show reschedules from 2020? Spefically DSM outside in July? That was one of the biggest Rona kicks to the balls I took through all this.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
I was along for ride early on for 311 (to this day, they remain one of my top 5 favorite bands - maybe even top 2-3). Saw them three times (2X in Va. and 1X in Omaha - small venue.....awesome). Always a great show. Started drifting after Soundsystem (spouse / kids / the usual) and I haven't bought another album since unfortunately (need to change that ASAP), as some of their great music has been in the last 20 years (which is wild to think about their longevity). Great memories for all of their music
Ive seen them at least a dozen times, first time was their Soundsystem tour at Supertoad in DSM. Last time was with The Offspring, and Dirty Heads the time before that. Dirty Heads are growing me, I could listen to them for days.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Anyone heard anything about show reschedules from 2020? Spefically DSM outside in July? That was one of the biggest Rona kicks to the balls I took through all this.
Their tour page is listing a single show in NC in September. I will be checking that feverishly for the next few months.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
311 was my first real concert. I think it was 1996 at a dirt lot next to a bar downtown. I went with my older brother and his friends. It was a blast. One of my all time favorite bands.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
311 was my first real concert. I think it was 1996 at a dirt lot next to a bar downtown. I went with my older brother and his friends. It was a blast. One of my all time favorite bands.

Went and looked it up. I think it was outside The Loveshack in 1995

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I stole my brothers MUSIC CD in 94 I think. I wasn't sure what I was listening to at first but I loved it. It had curse words and songs about weed. I was instructed by my brother to only listen to it with headphones on so my mom wouldn't bust him.

311_-_Music_album_cover.jpg

Reactions: StratCY

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Oh and background info. I started listening to 311 when I was 14 and didn't partake in any illicit substances till college.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I've listened through MUSIC, Grassroots, and the Blue album so far at work today. Stupid meetings or I could have gotten through Evolver at least

Reactions: StratCY

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Time to play this and smoke em if you got em

I remember when I was listening to them in high school, I was so "anti-drug" at the time, however I was completely aware of what 311 was singing about. I just figured there could be worse drug to sing about, and I still connected with so many of their other songs anyway.

Now, I can relate even a little bit more.

Reactions: cyhiphopp