***Official Insider Information Weekly Mailbag 11-27-2019***

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
First and foremost, a few links:
Our official question submissions thread: https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...n-weekly-mailbag-questions-submission.251174/

Link to last five mailbags (if bored and need some reading material):
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...information-weekly-mailbag-10-24-2019.251963/
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...information-weekly-mailbag-10-30-2019.252145/
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...-information-weekly-mailbag-11-3-2019.252386/
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...information-weekly-mailbag-11-13-2019.252633/
https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/th...information-weekly-mailbag-11-20-2019.252903/

Insider Information Weekly Mailbag 11-27-2019
Presented by Quizno’s. Forcing Subway to toast their sandwiches and then falling off the face of the Earth.

With special guest CycloneRulzzz

@dafarmer asked (last week after cutoff): Serious question. 3rd and 1 on the Texas 31, why in the #### call a quarterback rollout? Maybe let Hall run the ball.
Rulzzz:
Going to agree with you on this one. Give Breece the rock.
Pants: Honestly, I don’t even remember this play it was so long ago. I know the common sense thing is to just give it to the back, but I’m not opposed to rolling out a quarterback that can run. You’re making the defense plan to cover more of the field that way and have the potential to get a big play as well.
GTO: Have to agree with you on this. It just always seems like our staff overthinks short yardage situations and then trip on their own feet. Keep it simple, stupid!

@jcyclonee wasting a question on this: I have a very important question that I need to ask. Is it too late to submit it?
Pants:
It’s never too late to submit. Unless it’s after 10pm Iowa time on Monday. Then it’s too late.
GTO: Yes, you should see your doctor to get that growth checked out.
Rulzzz: Yes

@Sigmapolis asks: What are your five favorite albums (in no particular order) and briefly why?
Who starts the *last* game of this basketball season -- not senior night, where the seniors take precedence, but the last game in KC or in the postseason?
GTO:
Jock Jams Vol. 1-5. Barring any injuries, same 5 that started the season.
Rulzzz: “Endless Summer” by the Beach Boys. Beach Boys were the first group I remember getting into. I’m kind of cheating because this is a compilation of hits album but every song is good.
“Full Moon Fever” by Tom Petty. Huge Petty fan and this is my favorite Petty Album.
“Dookie” by Green Day. Probably the album that really put them on the map.
“Americana” Offspring. Just a solid album from start to finish.
“Doggystyle” by Snoop Dogg. Huge fan of late 80’s early 90’s rap and this is my favorite.
I also like the current starting 5. I like having a weapon like Conditt coming off the bench.
Pants: -“Brothers” by The Black Keys. The first like, 8 or so songs are the best opening to any album I’ve ever heard.
-”Rubber Soul” by The Beatles. Always have been a huge Beatles fan. And Norwegian Wood is one of my favorite Beatles songs.
-”Wonderful Wonderful” by The Killers. LOVE The Killers. Best band I’ve ever seen live. It wasn’t originally an album I loved, but man, has it grown on me over time. “The Man” and “The Calling” are some fantastic songs.
-”rose ave.” by You+Me. This is a strange one that most people on a sports board will probably say “WTF?” to. You+Me was essentially just Dallas Green, of City and Colour, getting together with Alecia Moore, better known as P!nk, and saying, “hey, let’s do a folk music album together.” Definitely won’t be a big hit with most that read this, but man, their voices together are just phenomenal and how they can mix up who takes the high lines and who takes the low lines are just kind of magical to listen to if you’re really into harmony.
-I don’t know if live albums count, but “Near Truths and Hotel Rooms Live” by Todd Snider is a joy to listen to. Todd Snider is like, a folk/Americana modern day musician and he’s great (also have seen him twice in concert and he’s fantastic). He’s a great story teller, and if you listen to his normal albums, you don’t get that sense of that. He tells the story of the Ballad of Devil’s Backbone Tavern and it’s like a 10 minute story for a 3 minute song, and it’s hilarious. Below is a link to it.

Also, I’m not planning for injuries, so the end of season lineup ends the way it started. I like this lineup, and think we’ll get some of those 3 point shooting kinks worked out.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@CloniesForLife checking to see if we know how to count the number of questions: 2 Questions:
1. Who wins a conference championship first? Campbell or Prohm? Obviously Big12 tourney not included.
2. More likely to happen: Get to the Final 4 (Playoffs) in football or basketball?
Rulzzz:
1. Believe it or not I think Campbell gets a conference title first. We have been so close in these last few years. 2. On this one I go the other way and say a final four in basketball. Football is so top heavy that you need to basically go undefeated, to have a shot. Basketball every team that makes tournament has the opportunity to go and if you get the right bracket it can be done.
Pants: Basketball for both. I feel like it’s easier to get to the top of the basketball conference than it is the football conference. Depending on how things fall, 1 loss could potentially eliminate you from a football conference championship. For the Final 4, all it takes is getting hot at the right time. Football is more about being not only one of the best 4, but getting past the biases to get there and, essentially, almost having to start the season at least ranked in the top 15.
GTO: Campbell wins one first, possibly even next year. I think the conference is a lot more even in basketball and will probably always be that way, so harder to win outright there. As for the final four, I would say the chances are about even in both sports. If ISU wins the conference in football, we would be in the conversation already. As for the NCAA tournament, just getting hot at the right time could get us there.

@Doc with a question that appears to be based on a recent viewing of the Rodney Dangerfield classic Ladybugs: Soccer Question: Why don’t teams just surround the ball with their players and slowly move it across the field to the other teams’ net?
Pants:
Because soccer is a dumb sport.
GTO: Move over, Tom Manning. I think we found our new offensive coordinator.
Rulzzz: I’m going to use this space to say recently I came across an airing of the movie Ladybugs and while highly inappropriate I laughed my butt off.

@Doc with another: Food delivery question: How long should your delivery driver sit on a previous order’s location before you call the cops and say someone’s kidnapped the driver.
GTO:
How do you know they’re at the previous stop? Are you following your delivery driver from when they leave the store? Sounds creepy AF.
Rulzzz: 10 minutes
Pants: Your driver is just eating it themselves, bro.
GTO: Thinking about this a little more, maybe your driver is delivering a "special pizza" with a hole cut out in the box. I think I've seen that in a movie somewhere.

@CloniesForLife asks: In the same vein as one of Angie's threads last week: favorite Thanksgiving main, side and dessert. The Thanksgiving dish you least like.
What is your prediction for the K-State game?
How does ISU do in the Battle 4 Atlantis?
Rulzzz:
Main Dish Turkey Side Dish Stuffing Dessert Pumpkin Pie with cool whip. I like us to beat KSU by 7 by say a 27-23 score. ISU goes 2-1 in Atlantis.
Pants: I don’t typically eat meat, but Thanksgiving is often an exception because I love Thanksgiving turkey. Main-Turkey, side-sweet potato casserole or mashed potatoes, dessert-pumpkin pie, no whipped cream. Win a tough one against KState and agree, 2-1. We beat Michigan, lose to North Carolina, beat Oregon.
GTO: Main- Turkey, Side - Sweet Potato Casserole, Dessert - Pumpkin pie with cool whip. Least favorite - stuffing. K-State game prediction - lots of b*tching on CF, but we still find a way to win. For B4A, we will go 2-1, unsure if on the winners side or loser bracket.

@Gunnerclone asks: Thanksgiving is obviously one of the worst holidays, right down there with Easter and Columbus Day. What is the best holiday?
Pants:
Honestly, most holidays are kind of stupid and overrated. I’ll go with Christmas, though, just because that’s the few times of the year that I actually feel joy in my black heart and miss my family. Also, it’s like, the only time of the year when people actually try to do good and care for others, even if it is for fake reasons.
GTO: Best holiday is either Halloween or Christmas. Halloween so that you can see all the creative costumes and Christmas for the time spent with loved ones. Worst holiday would have to be Columbus Day.
Rulzzz: Agree with Pants that holidays are overrated. I will go with one that just finished in Halloween. Halloween falls in my favorite season and is 4 days after my birthday. Plus it involves candy. Who doesn't like candy?

@CoachHines3 asks: are coach hines skits the best mad tv skits of all time? Probably.
GTO:
Bobby Lee trying to impress girls with his Daewoo was one of my favorite ones.
Rulzzz: Never was a huge MadTV guy but after finding out where Waggoner’s kicks where coming from I checked out some coach hines clips on YouTube, and they are absolute gold.
Pants: “I tink it was a man.”
GTO: Mrs. Swan! Oh, hell yeah!
Pants: I had an ex that did this impression so well and it kind of became my kink.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@BCClone with possibly an interesting backstory to his question: When saying what you’re thankful for, can you say not having to put up with these jack wagons of inlaws all year long is what I’m thankful for?
Rulzzz:
Yes you could but that may get you in the doghouse with the Mrs.
Pants: Yes, but it’s probably going to be a rough holiday. Also, you seem to dislike your in-laws. Is everything alright, BC?
GTO: When you make all the money in the family, you can say whatever prayer you like. In the words of Ricky Bobby: “Look, I like the baby version the best, do you hear me? I win the races and I get the money.”

@ImJustKCClone asks: In keeping with some of the reminiscing about the "freezer bowl" vs KU in 2013, and in memory of how freakin' hot it was at Baylor last September:
1) what is the coldest ISU game you ever attended (and stayed for the whole game).
1b) how did you dress for the cold?
2) what is the hottest ISU game you ever attended (and stayed for the whole game).
1b) how did you cope with the heat?
Pants:
While the Texas Tech game for Seneca’s Run FELT like it was the coldest, I’d guess the game in 2004 when we pissed the division championship down our legs against Missouri was actually probably colder? I think I was just numb during it, so it didn’t feel as cold? I always wear Cyclone garb no matter what. So at that time, it was probably an undershirt, a -shirt, a long sleeve shirt and then a t-shirt over that, with an Iowa State winter hat I bought during the Texas Tech game mentioned above (it was blue, with blender Cy, in case you were wondering).
Honestly, I can’t really remember any hot games. I’m sure there were some, but they wouldn’t have been so hot that I specifically remember it.
GTO: Can’t really point to any in particular. My outdoor fandom level goes down as the temperature dips, I guess. Hottest? At TCU two seasons ago (2016 I believe). I dealt with it by going to the shaded concourse quite a bit. Should have just streaked across the field.
Rulzzz: Probably West Virginia game in 2012. It was so cold that I went into the stadium early and spent every other 10 minutes going into the bathroom stall to sit and stay warm. I usually have 2 if not 3 layers below the waist and 4 or 5 above the waist. Home game with OU last year was pretty hot one. Hot games I wear a hat and for OU game brought one of those mini towels to wipe off my perspiration. One thing I should always do but forget is put on screen because I burn like nobody's business when out in the sun without protection.

@mdk2isu continuing with the Thanksgiving food questions: What are your top 10 power rankings for Thanksgiving foods?
GTO:
In order: Turkey, Ham, Sweet Potato Casserole, Mashed Potatoes, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Corn, Rolls, Green Bean Casserole, Stuffing.
Rulzzz: Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes with gravy, Corn Casserole, Rolls, Green Bean Casserole, Pumpkin Pie
Pants: Sweet Potato casserole, turkey, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, stuffing, corn-mac, sweet potato pie, corn, cranberry sauce, rolls.

@jsb asks: On a scale of 1 through 10 hoiberg dream jobs, how worried should we be about Campbell?
Rulzzz:
2. I also think it will take something special for him to leave. I really think we have a guy wants to build a legacy at ISU.
Pants: 2. He could very well leave, but he cares so much about these players, I think it would have to be for a perfect situation and financials will have nothing to do with it. And there’s no way I could see him doing it for at least as long as Purdy is here.
GTO: Are we assuming 1 is the lowest worry level? If so, I would say 1. As long as we have good looking recruiting assistants and questionable massage parlors in town, he’ll never leave. Oh, wait...

@VeloClone penny-farthing into this thread: With a winter storm on the docket for this week when many will be traveling, what is the worst weather you ever braved for a booty call? Did you make it there, and was it worth it?
Pants:
Bruh, if you’re good at what you do, they should be coming to you.
GTO: Blizzard driving conditions from Ames to Des Moines and, yes, I was rewarded fr my efforts.
Rulzzz: A gentleman doesn’t kiss and tell.

@Doc asks: In the spirit of Thanksgiving, please rank your top 5 meats.
GTO:
Mine, Chicken, Pork, Beef, Turkey. Bonus fish: red snapper.
Rulzzz: Beef, Turkey, Pork, Chicken, Fish
Pants: Turkey, beef, fish, pork, and chicken.

@Doc again: Should I quit my job, move to Chile, and become a snowcat operator?
Rulzzz:
I say do what makes you happy. Just make sure if you make the move you are still able to get on CF. We need our random drunk Doc posts.
Pants: Yes. When I went to Costa Rica a few years ago, I seriously sat down and did the math of what it would cost to quit my job, move there (land is dirt cheap) and start my own ATV tour business. I’m still considering it. The only major cost is the initial purchases of the ATVs, you could run the business out of your own home.
GTO: Chile? I can see it now. Doc going on Oprah to share his story which inspired the movie Alive 2, where a group of tourists in the remote Andes get stranded along with the broken-down snowcat operator they were following. Doc ended up eating all of them to survive, even though it was later determined that the snowcat was still fully operational. Coming soon to a theater near you.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@VeloClone asks: Elon Musk unveiled his Teslanator Cyborg truck last week. This could be huge or a huge bust. What was the thing (purchase or other) you took the biggest risk on and it paid off huge and what was the biggest risk you took and it proved why it was such a huge risk - not so good.
Pants:
Not a purchase, but easily the biggest thing I took a risk on was moving to Hawaii. I quit my job, sold everything I owned and went there with two suitcases of possessions and my guitar. Didn’t have a job lined up, didn’t have a place to live lined up, other than a VRBO for my first ten days. Found a job that paid to fly me to the four major islands, found a place on literally my last day of my VRBO that let me move in immediately and went from there. Didn’t know anyone or have any connections to it, I just went for it. I learned more about myself and what I was capable from that than I have from anything else in my life. Biggest risk was the same company I worked for in Hawaii asked me to move to Minnesota and take over two struggling districts to fix. It was not easy. At all. And while, financially, I still turned them over to success, I no longer work there or live in Minnesota. So it pulled me from my dream place to live on a chance of developing with my company, and neither one worked out. Maybe those answers are deeper than you were wanting?
GTO: Usually buying “As Seen on TV” items is a bit of a risk, but the best ones I’ve purchased were Hercules Hooks, Red Copper frying pan, and the hard boiled egg cooker. Risk purchase that did not pay off? One of those stick up lights you can put inside your closet. It was worthless. I could have seen more by just opening my eyes wider.
Rulzzz: Best purchase was to get an upgrade with my cell phone. I had a 10 year old flip phone that basically made calls and could take a picture. Upgraded to a Samsung S10e in March and life is amazing. Before at work I was listening to things on one of those huge nexus tablets which hardly worked and was dependent on wifi for it to work. Now with my phone even if wifi is down I can still use my data. Not to mention how much I use google maps when traveling. My risky purchase that didn't pay off was buying a PS3. I got it quite a few years after it came out to play ncaa football online with fellow CF peeps. Our online league fell apart, and that was the last ncaa football game. Shortly after that since I bought the system so late they stopped making games for that system.
GTO: I still own a PS3. Let me know when you would like to throw down.:p

@Doc with another ranking question: Rank the following sandwich places. Feel free to add other options.
Subway
Jimmy John’s
Jersey Mikes
Which Wich
Firehouse
@VeloClone correctly observed: Whar Pot Belly?
And @cyrocksmypants with a blast from the past: I miss Quiznos.
GTO:
In order: Pot Belly (delicious), Firehouse Subs (slightly less delicious), Penn Station (although I only get these when I go to Louisville), Jersey Mikes (best thing to ever come from Jersey), Jimmy Johns (really fast. And really cold), Which Wich (too much paperwork), Subway (how long has that meat been sitting there? Oh, **** it. Give me the meatball sub). RIP: Quiznos (would have taken second or third on my list).
Pants: Quiznos is still a thing! I just saw one in Annandale the other day! Remember those awesome Quiznos commercials with the rat things?

Rulzzz: 1. Sub City in Cedar Falls. 2. Subway All the others I have never tried so I'll rank by which interests me the most to try. 3. Firehouse 4. Which Wich 5. Pot Belly 6. Jersey Mike's 7. Jimmy Johns
Pants: 1. Without question is Pete’s Kitchen in Mason City. But that’s a local place. 2. Would be Penn Station. Then, of the major chains listed 3. Which Wich, 4. Firehouse, 5. Quiznos, 6. Jimmy Johns, 7. Subway, 8. Jersey Mikes.

@Cyched with the usual brain teaser: If a vacuum cleaner really sucks, is that good or bad?
Rulzzz:
Reminds me of the line is SpaceBalls, “It’s Mega Maid, she’s gone from suck to blow”
Pants: Did you know in Indiana they call it a sweeper? So they say to sweep the floor and you have to be like…..with a broom? Or with a vacuum?
GTO: If a vacuum cleaner sucks, would you say it blows? Oh, and Indiana is ****ing weird.

@NWICY asks: Clones or the Fighting Surly's? I'm taking the good guys GO CYCLONES!!
Politics or not at the table for Thanksgiving? I say no, why go looking for family strife.
Pants:
KSU will be no slouch, but I think we end the season strong with a hard fought win. Personally, I’m fine with politics, but I also don’t care in the least if I piss people off, including my family. FORTUNATELY, most of my family aligns with my own political views.
GTO: God, I hope we win so that we don’t get another stupid ranking thread from Surly with KSU above ISU. No politics at the dining table. Better to save it for after dinner so that people leave.
Rulzzz: After their win over Oklahoma I was worried about this trip. Still slightly worried, but I gotta go the Clones. 2. No politics at the table. If you must save it for before or after meal time.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
@CycloneRulzzz

What's your favorite actual Beach Boys album?

@cyrocksmypants

Rubber Soul is definitely a solid choice.

The opening sequence of that album...

"Drive My Car"
"Norwegian Wood (This Birds Has Flown)"
"You Won't See Me"
"Nowhere Man"

...is absolutely devastating. And it has stuff like "In My Life" just hanging out on the second side of the album like it is no big thing or something.

I am really hesitant to say something negative about a Beatles record, so this is all in the context of their own impossibly high standards, but I always thought that "The Word" through "Girl" drags somewhat. I kind of wish they mixed up the order in that section of the album or had "Paperback Writer" and "Rain," two of their best songs overall and from the same sessions, on there instead. There are four songs plopped in the middle in there that do not stand out for me. The album starts and ends incredibly strongly, but its bridge is not quite up to the same quality as some of its other material at the time.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@cmjh10 fangirling: For @CycloneRulzzz,
How do you do it? Every home game, football and basketball, there is a gameday thread right at midnight. Do you sleep? Why are you so good to us?
Rulzzz:
Well I’m a night owl so I’m usually up into the early morning hours. On the rare occasion that I’m tired I get everything set up and ready to go and then set my phone alarm clock for like 10 till midnight. I’m good to you guys because you all are good to me.
Pants: I don’t. And I’m not good to you. I hate you all.
GTO: How I picture Rulzzz getting up for gameday:

tumblr_okk1hbdnl51qmob6ro1_400.gifv

@cmjh10 asks: Is this the most underrated Disney movie? (attached cover for Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
Pants:
So, I never grew up with Disney. I was poor. The Rescuers is the correct answer, though.
GTO: The correct answer is The Black Hole. While it is a darker movie, I would say it was probably one of their most underrated ones.
Rulzzz: 1973’s animated version of Robin Hood for the win.

@Cyched asks: Does the winner of the tournament get to keep Atlantis?
GTO:
Sure. Winner of the tournament gets to keep @cmjh10’s VHS copy of Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
Pants: Just the gold in it.
Rulzzz: The winner of the tournament gets a live performance by Donovan singing his hit Atlantis.

@CoKane asks: Battle for Atlantis predictions? Also, which bowl do you think we go to and which one do you want to have ISU in.
Pants:
As discussed above, 2-1 with a win against Michigan, loss to North Carolina, win against Oregon. I get so confused on what bowl tie-ins are what that I’ve given up. By the way, can we have a conversation about how stupid conference tie-ins for bowls are??
Rulzzz: I think 1 way or another ISU goes 2-1 in the Battle of Atlantis. As for the bowl game ISU is going to the Camping World bowl which is the bowl I would prefer.
GTO: Also predicted 2-1 at the battle for the lost continent. Bowl game? I would say Camping World vs. Notre Dame or the one in Houston vs. Texas A&M.

@Doc asks: This one is for the legend @CycloneRulzzz. I'm going to try to get him in trouble.
Regarding CF recball at Lied, let's say you want a very bad team so you can tank and get a high draft pick. Not including yourself, which 5 from CF would you pick to be on this team? Who really sucks bad?
Rulzzz:
Well the captain of the team is easy, @cmjh10. When your job was to guard me that’s all I need to know. @cyhiphopp never played at Lied but we did play pickup in Ankeny with him and he is a year older than me. Next is @cyclonespiker33, solid player but I think he has spiker in his username for a reason. @ISUCubswin because he is a Dolphins fan so tanking is his DNA (love ya cubsy) and @CyArob because he’s a KC fan ;)
GTO: I used to rule the Rec center back in my day. Worst player I saw was a dude named Victor from my dorm floor. We used to call him Brick-tor.
Pants: I never played at Lied. The only stuff I did there was work out.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@cmjh10 with the follow up: Other end, who is the CF Dream Team?
Rulzzz:
Captain is @Fitzy and for the rest I’ll go with @cyugytillidie, @VikesFan22 @Cy$ and @chewbocka
GTO: Fitzy? He seems like he would cry when fouled. And where the **** has Vikesfan been lately? I don’t think I’ve seen his name around here in a long time.
Rulzzz: He found his special someone and got married. Fitzy has as well and Cubsy is engaged.
Pants: I just told you I never played there.

@cyclones500 asks: Regardless of bracket and pairings, what's your power-rank for B4A?
GTO:
ISU, then everyone else. I hope Prohm wears his recruiting big ball pants down there to show these mother****ers who’s boss.
Pants: North Carolina, Gonzaga, ISU, Oregon, Alabama, Seton Hall, Michigan, Southern Miss
Rulzzz: North Carolina, Gonzaga, Oregon, Seton Hall, ISU, Michigan, Alabama, Southern Miss

@cyclones500 asks: For Rulzzz: What was the first GameDay game you posted -- both for football and basketball?
Rulzzz:
For football it was September 29, 2012 a home game with Texas Tech.I posted it at 1:16 AM and instead of all the good information I include now the following is the text of the OP for that gameday thread “ So excited to get to start one of these. GO State WRECK TECH!” FYI ISU lost the game 24-13. For basketball it was January 4, 2014 also against Texas Tech. I actually had to make a second one because while my computer said 12:00 the CF clock said 11:59 so I had that one closed and made a second which had a timestamp of 12:02. ISU won 73-62.
Pants: I’m pretty sure I posted one long ago, but that was before Rulzzz started doing it. I think it was a basketball one.
GTO: All I know about gameday threads is to never start one. That should be required information for any new site members so they don’t go ******* up and starting gameday threads willy nilly.

@madguy30 asks: Where does Thanksgiving week rank for sports viewing gluttony with all of the college bball tournaments and college football rivalry week/conference title aspirations on the line?
Pants:
Probably top? Labor Day week is good because college football is just getting into some good football matchups, including often ISU-Iowa.
Rulzzz: Not to mention the NFL games on Thanksgiving. It’s a solid sports week for sure but the first week of March Madness gets me the most excited. March Madness is like christmas for sports fans.
GTO: The first four days of March Madness > Thanksgiving sports.

@VegasCy trying to embarrass the Insider Information Crew (not knowing there is no shame in our game): What is/was your favorite TV show and musical artist that you were ashamed that you liked?
Rulzzz
: I’m a watcher of Dancing with the Stars. Really the fun was watching the female pro dancers especially when doing a Samba or Cha cha cha after awhile really enjoyed the celebs that would make the show. However the last couple of years it’s shown itself to be a who is more popular than who is the best dancer. As for music, I saw the movie Blockers last year and it featured two songs from the female singer Lizzo. So I have acquired a taste for her music.
Pants: Dude, no shame in liking Lizzo. She’s catchy as hell, and if I can be serious for a second, I think she’s a great person to have with women (and men) that struggle so much with self-worth and feeling good about who you are in your own body. I think she’s fantastic.
GTO: Only grown up shows I can watch with the kids around are from Food Network, HGTV, or the news. Love It or List It on HGTV is my jam. Is Snow considered embarrassing?
dvPGr72.gif

Pants: I don’t think there’s a lot of ones I genuinely like that I’d be embarrassed of. When I sleep, I have to have tv or something playing, and I usually just put it on something mindless that I’m ultimately not going to have any interest in that will keep me awake, so maybe like, Finding Bigfoot or Suite Life of Zack and Cody or something? Music-wise, I’m so eclectic on my musical tastes that I don’t know if there’s anything I’m actually ashamed of. Yeah, just went through my Spotify and there’s really everything I can legitimately say I think is great music for one reason or another.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@VegasCy trying to break the character limit: Is college football season too long? Last year, we had the K St game that we had no business getting boat raced in (before coming back) and we had the game that never happened (starts with a D and ends with an E). This year, we were losing to a mediocre Kansas team in the 4th quarter and who knows what happens next week. I guess, the point is the Big 10 and the SEC have unofficial bye weeks at the end of the season and the Big 12 does not, are we hurting ourselves by being in a competitive conference with 9 potential losses in conference play?
GTO:
Football season is not long enough, if you ask me. And, no. No cupcakes late in the season. That is just embarrassing and I wish the polls would refuse to move any teams up after beating up one of those teams..
Pants: I got lost in that novel trying to figure out what the question is. Is the season too long? No. Could we schedule it differently like the Big Ten and SEC do so there’s softballs at the end of the year? Sure, I suppose, but personally, I love having a clear separation between non-con and conference time.
Rulzzz: I’m also at a loss for what the question is asking. If anything I think college football season isn’t long enough. The UNI game feels like it was yesterday. I wish we could have the ISU IA game at the end of the season.

@VegasCy asks: ESPN BPI has us with a 66% chance to beat Michigan on Wednesday. I think if both teams play well, we a decent shot of winning. What are your thoughts on this game? Also, last year we found ourselves in Maui even though we were in the consolation bracket. Would you rather beat Michigan and lose to UNC and Gonzaga or lose to Michigan, but have two quality wins like we did last year?
Pants:
They’re all good teams to “lose to” so I’d rather go 2-1 against them. But I think we beat Michigan.
Rulzzz: This question was how I was going to address the Atlantis questions. I know we want the big dogs but do we get anything out of 20 point beating. I think like last year that going to the consolation bracket and getting to come out of a tourney at 2-1 helped. I think coming out of this tourney with a minimum 2-1 record is essential.
GTO: I think we beat Michigan and win one more. If our outside shooting picks up, who knows what could happen.

@CoKane asks: If you could schedule 1 non conference game in football and basketball who would the opponent be and where would the game be played?
Rulzzz:
Agree with Pants Notre Dame in Chicago would be ideal. Basketball I’d like to see a blue blood (Duke, Kentucky, UNC) have the balls to come to Hilton and play us.
GTO: Basketball - Duke. Football - Bama. Go big or go home.
Pants: Football-Notre Dame in Chicago. I would like to play Minnesota or Wisconsin, but if it’s 1 game, I’d assume it should be on a neutral site and it’s hard to come up with a neutral site for in between Ames and those places. Basketball, North Carolina. In the championship.

@GTO asks: Throwing a couple of questions at the buzzer:
1. Is it appropriate to check out the hotties during church service, and if so, what is your go-to move to not be too obvious?
2. Do you cheat on CF with other forums? Which ones?
Pants:
1. Absolutely it is. It’s always appropriate to check out hotties. Dropping the hymnal is the go-to move (I don’t go to church, though, because I’m a soulless heathen).
2. I used to go to a Hawaii board long ago. Haven’t been on there since around when I actually moved to Hawaii though. With them making it to their conference championship this year, I should try hopping back on there and seeing how things are going. I met a couple of people in person from that board. One I grabbed lunch with and the other I went to the Hawaii Bowl with.
Rulzzz: 1. Don’t go to Church 2. Nope, I’m a 1 forum only guy.
GTO: Dropping the hymnal. I like that. My go-to move is the “I think I heard something by the main entrance”, look to the back of the church, and then slowly scan the place as I turn my head back. Besides CF, I do spend some time over at Pinside, VPForums, or GameEx but rarely post. Mostly just read threads.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@VegasCy after cutoff, but I’m making an exception for this week, since he probably started typing this novel before 10:00pm: Some thoughts from the So Miss game:
1. Why do I always attract the crazies? I was sitting in front of the lone So Miss fan in the building and she was beyond nasty. It got to a point, with the swearing and the negativity, it was beyond awkward, even my Hok wife was uncomfortable.
2. Offensively we looked fine, there were few possessions that were train wrecks, we just need to start making shots.
3. SY looks good. You could tell last year, in limited action, that his offensive game has improved. I look forward to seeing him play this week and beyond.
4. GC has troubles as an on-the-ball defender. He is great as help, but seems to get abused in one-on- one situations.
5. TH took over the game shooting 4 shots total.
6. Our help and recover defense is awful. We kept getting backdoored and our rotations were awful after we help, which led to 3 possessions in a row that were dunks for So Miss.
What is the upside of this team and what area do you want to see the most improvement in the non conference?
(***the actual question***)
Rulzzz: I want to see the 3 point shooting improve. I also would like to see Tyrese take more initiative on the offensive side of the ball. He could afford to be more passive with the shooters we had last year. He needs to be a little selfish this year.
GTO: 1. I also have a knack for attracting the crazies.
2. We just need to start making outside shots, but the plan seems solid so far this year.
3. I’m president of the Solomon Young fan club.
4. He’ll get better as he plays more. This is his first year getting significant minutes.
5. I think I may be the only one who enjoyed having TH playing off the ball. Unfortunately, neither Bolton nor Nixon are known for dishing out many assists, so we are forced to run the offense through TH.
6. “We” kept getting backdoored? Speak for yourself.
Three point shooting would be the area where I want to see the most improvement. Nowhere to go but up, right?
Pants: 1. You just have one of those kind of faces.
2. We’ve just got to start making shots. This offense is going to take some working out because our identity right now isn’t necessarily what we want it to be, but we’ll find our groove soon enough. Prohm has been pretty good about not trying to make a round peg fit in a square hole, and I’m confident he’ll find what works best this season as well.
3. This isn’t a question either. But yes, Solo has looked great and I’m excited to see his continued development.
4. Also not a question. But he’s still got some time to go. As long we’ve got another solid big in there like Solo or Jake, I think he’s got a little more leeway to do so.
5. Hali is going to be a good one. But I am concerned that his apparent hesitation to take shots last season seems to be carrying over this season. There really wasn’t any games last season where he was expected to be “the guy” but that’s not going to be the case anymore.
6. Give it some time. Most of this team hasn’t worked together much. It’s going to take some time to gel, and that’s one of those things that falls into that category. Prohm will get everyone on the right path by conference time.

@VegasCy to close things out: I went from member to active member...thank you mailbag.
Pants:
Maybe one day, if you try real hard, you’ll get to the point I’m at, where you’re the best poster on the website!
Rulzzz: Congrats!
GTO: Great testimonial, VegasCy! Remember, guys. If you’re experiencing any issues with your member, ask your doctor if the Weekly Insider Information Mailbag is right for you.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
@CycloneRulzzz

@cyrocksmypants

"Drive My Car"
"You Won't See Me"
"Nowhere Man"

...is absolutely devastating. And it has stuff like "In My Life" just hanging out on the second side of the album like it is no big thing or something.

I am really hesitant to say something negative about a Beatles record, so this is all in the context of their own impossibly high standards, but I always thought that "The Word" through "Girl" drags somewhat. I kind of wish they mixed up the order in that section of the album or had "Paperback Writer" and "Rain," two of their best songs overall and from the same sessions, on there instead. There are four songs plopped in the middle in there that do not stand out for me. The album starts and ends incredibly strongly, but its bridge is not quite up to the same quality as some of its other material at the time.

I think that’s fair. Very few albums to me are perfect, so there’s always soft spots and Rubber Soul definitely has that. Honestly, what I consider the most complete album of all from first song to last (in only my opinion, of course) is El Camino by the Black Keys. But I didn’t even put that in my top 5 or best of theirs because is just doesn’t have the absolute bangers like Next Girl or Tighten Up.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think that’s fair. Very few albums to me are perfect, so there’s always soft spots and Rubber Soul definitely has that. Honestly, what I consider the most complete album of all from first song to last (in only my opinion, of course) is El Camino by the Black Keys. But I didn’t even put that in my top 5 or best of theirs because is just doesn’t have the absolute bangers like Next Girl or Tighten Up.

Yeah, the debate about "best albums" can be tricky between those that are consistent from front-to-back, but never outstanding... I can think of tons of albums that are at least adequate the whole way through but never transcendent... and those that have some songs that ascend to the heavens but also some clunkers along the way.

Very few can have both efficiency and volume like that.

I love Rubber Soul, but "What Goes On" and "Wait" are so super meh.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
wrong answer.

all coach hines skits are best mad tv skits.

although kenny rogers and john madden are a close 2nd.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
The end. Thanks again for all your questions and special thanks to our guest @CycloneRulzzz who did an amazing job!

Also to my partner in crime, @cyrocksmypants for his usual great takes.

Until next week!

Thanks for the opportunity. You would think answering questions is easy, but for some of ones this week really had to make think for awhile.

• Friendly
Reactions: GTO

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
@CycloneRulzzz

@cyrocksmypants

"Drive My Car"
"You Won't See Me"
"Nowhere Man"

Where's the in-depth analysis about Jock Jams vol. 1-5?