*** Official IOWA STATE vs Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

alexssdean12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2018
What's the website that lets you pick all the games and see the tie breakers?

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Have you looked at the team defensive stats? Do you think that you're smarter than Heacock?

Do you watch the ******* games?

The Big 12 is TERRIBLE this year. We've played UNI, Ohio, Iowa, OSU, TCU, Baylor, OU, and Cinci. All but maybe OSU, who might be coming around, have less than stellar teams and many of those offenses are ATROCIOUS. Our secondary is phenomenal and that combination, of weak competition and a stellar secondary, has been good enough to give us good 'stats'.

Instead of being a jagoff actually addresss what was stated: the LBs and d front are weak and Heacock often allows teams way too much time to throw by rushing 3 guys. When we get burnt it's almost always when rushing 3, with the QB having ample time, and when we make plays its often when we bring pressure. And the one game we played a known good offense? OU destroyed us and it all started in the front 6. The LBs CONSTANTLY crashed into blockers instead of using their hands to shed and we often gave up contain. Pressure was non-existent and OU brutalized us in the middle of the field voids between the secondary and LBs. Why? Our LBs lack thr athleticism to drop back in coverage.

Is Heacock the problem? No. But I'm tired of idiotic fans like yourself dismissing legimate gripes without even assessing the validity of those concerns. Instead they cite empty stats without context.

We have an elite secondary but we also deploy a scheme that mitigates our strength (secondary) without mitigating our weakness (LBS). Our front isn't good but I'd add a man to Onyedum, Orange, Peterson etc and put money on a4-2-5 being more effective than the 3-3. Our LBs are THAT bad.

Anyone in d3nial should go back and watch tape. It's even more glaring if you go back and watch guys like Rose tackle,read, and drop into coverage then watch this group. Yikes.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'd like to get 2 more games. That would give us 7 wins. We can do it too.

Need 1 more for a Bowl game. Two of 4 home games left. Both will be a challenge.

So proud of this team and coaches. Great turn around.

Let's keep it going!

peatyscotch

Feb 16, 2022
Did someone say first 4-1 start in history. I guess we have gone from Brocktober to Roctober. Bring on Kansas.