OFFICIAL: Iowa State vs. Memphis in the Liberty Bowl

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So much ******** about being in Memphis. Holy ****, we haven't been bowling in 5 years, and we are upset about this? My god. I for one am pumped about this. Memphis was a blast last time, minus the game portion, and it will be a blast again this year. Stop whining, and get your butt there to support this team!

This is it, more than anything. Much like the last couple of years in basketball where a person wanted to support Georges and Monte and Naz and Matt as they finished up their Cyclone careers, I would hope all Iowa State fans would want to help Allen and Joel and JD and Kamari finish up their Cyclone careers. Think of how much fun you had in October. And then decide if you really want to not go to a bowl game out of spite. They deserve better than fans pitching a fit for no good reason.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Can we rename the Liberty Bowl this year to the Puke Bowl? Memphis in Memphis is just about as bland and uninspired as one can get, makes any P5 program want to vomit. I would honestly rather play Boise State at the Idaho Potato Bowl....or NDSU in the Fargo Bowl. Liberty Bell isn't even in Memphis, and the real Memphis is in Egypt.

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
So much ******** about being in Memphis. Holy ****, we haven't been bowling in 5 years, and we are upset about this? My god. I for one am pumped about this. Memphis was a blast last time, minus the game portion, and it will be a blast again this year. Stop whining, and get your butt there to support this team!

you can rep for me...just yell “stick ‘em” on every third and long!

ISUfan1992

Jun 11, 2012
Boone IA
bunch of genitive Nancys

Teams Memphis has beaten: Ul-Mon(4-8) UCLA (6-6), So Illnois(4-7) Huston(7-4), Tulane(5-7), Tulsa(2-10) SMU( 7-5) Uconn(3-9), Navy(6-5) ECU(3-9) only 1 P5 opponent in that group and just JUST eeked out a win.

They got destroyed by UCF earlier in the season and showed they have little to no defense against their high powered offence in the Conference Championship game.

Go down, score, get a stop and score again! shut the crowd up early and win the dang game.
have people forgetten we beat 2 top 5 teams this year? one was OU ON THE ROAD! road games dont mean ****!

Last edited:

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
I think I'll be more excited once the day of the game gets here.

Bowl's a bowl's a bowl. .

uh, no it’s not.

Ever been to a warm-weather bowl? In a nice metro area (such as Phoenix or south Florida)?
BIG difference. Hope those happen for the Cyclones, beginning next year.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: CTTB78 and ZJohnson

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I feel like the Liberty and Cactus bowl should switch days and selection order. New Years in Phoenix sounds better to me, but no matter what happens this has been a giant step forward for the program and a well earned post season trip for the program.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I feel like the Liberty and Cactus bowl should switch days and selection order. New Years in Phoenix sounds better to me, but no matter what happens this has been a giant step forward for the program and a well earned post season trip for the program.

It pretty much comes down to who writes a bigger check usually.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Ya, the Pinstripe is way worse than the Liberty, even if you have to play the home team. Liberty is a good opportunity for Clone fans on a budget to get to a bowl game. Look for a good crowd at the game.

NYC is a billion billion billion times better than memphis. Very jealous of the hoks. I would take BC in NYC over memphis in memphis a heart beat.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
pit-of-misery-59f16e.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: BryceC