*** Official IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
Dekkers had no chance on that final play to even look at a receiver. They should have just rolled him out to at least give him options. But nope.
LOL. They even hard Norton to help with Muller cuz he’s so bad. Muller almost fell over trying to “block” the rusher. His feet were together, legs straight, and he was fully bent over at the waist while whiffing on him. The guy then ran through Norton.
Just trash.

• Winner
Reactions: CRcyclone6

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Dekkers isn’t the problem. His receivers dropped several big time throws today. Our TE’s and Rus are not involved in the offensive game plan and defenses know that. Running plays are telegraphed and we get into too many 3rd and long situations.

Dekkers obviously needs to be better.... but with a bad OL, drops, penalties, poor playcalling, horrible special teams, etc.... I'm sure it's really hard for a QB to get into any rhythm whatsoever.... and to not get happy feet, etc.

You could name 10 different players that cost us this game today.... but the fact of the matter is it all comes down to CMC. It's his job to make this a well oiled machine, and he gets paid VERY well to do it. He's not been up to the task I'm afraid. If he doesn't make coaching changes to this offense in the offseason, I think JP has to really push him on why not?

I know almost everyone believes Dekkers is horrible... but he's not IMO. I could easily see him going to another school with competent coaches and a good OL.... and him being a dominant QB.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Not sure what to say. It's mostly been said before and here we have another repeat. I kind of gave up after the 4th and one shotgun, off-guard handoff on the third to last possession. Then the 2 penalties before the final punt, on the 2nd to last possession.

When we got the ball back, yes we probably had a chance, on the last possession. But you knew who was going to win in the end. Was there any question? OSU is about 80% of the time victorious in games 10 points or less margin. ISU is about 20% or whatever.

And guess what, we added to that stat. Horrible play calling, minus 3 turnovers. I love Campbell, but he needs to let go of this offense. He needs to then hire some competent coaches, and let them do their thing.

Losing close games is not fun. Really it's probably only sightly better than getting blown out. Both are bad! Losing this game is probably neccessary to wake Campbell up.

I fear there may be another season or two like this, if he wakes up at all. I fear the window, recruiting, culture thing may pass us by in the meantime.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I said 7 weeks ago this season is the season of what ifs. I didn’t realize it was going to be every game.

Also, why can’t we punt the ball? When we punted at the end of the game it was for 37 yards. I hate to bring up Iowa but they were up 14-10 today and had to punt in the same area we punted. The difference is they put it on the 1 yard line and let their defense T off.
We gave the ball to osu at the 40.

Punting has to get better
Kicking has to get better
Oline has to get better
Offensively we are a joke.

Reactions: CloneIce

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone calling for him to be gone is clueless, but staff changes need to happen and you don’t need throw some raise at him because of these pretend jobs he is going to take.
Totally agree. CMC is our guy, but he needs to make some changes on offense. That’s pretty freaking obvious to anyone whose ever watched this team.

Edit - and Special Teams.

Last edited:

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Dekkers obviously needs to be better.... but with a bad OL, drops, penalties, poor playcalling, horrible special teams, etc.... I'm sure it's really hard for a QB to get into any rhythm whatsoever.... and to not get happy feet, etc.

You could name 10 different players that cost us this game today.... but the fact of the matter is it all comes down to CMC. It's his job to make this a well oiled machine, and he gets paid VERY well to do it. He's not been up to the task I'm afraid. If he doesn't make coaching changes to this offense in the offseason, I think JP has to really push him on why not?

I know almost everyone believes Dekkers is horrible... but he's not IMO. I could easily see him going to another school with competent coaches and a good OL.... and him being a dominant QB.
He has some deficiencies imho

Not accurate
No touch
Cannot improvise
Poor runner
Makes dangerous throws

Some of these do not mesh well with a terrible OL.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
A McDermott-style hiring away of Campbell would be fine and dandy. We know what we get with Campbell: character and poor attention to details, and worst of all stubbornness to change. I’d be more excited for just about anybody to coach this team, than to watch Campbell’s school girl excitement after we get another defensive stop, followed by unmitigated ineptitude on offense with no hope of success.

In style, this feels like the beginning of Prohm’s ending. A man that can’t manage a staff/roster. The transfers and recruiting misses have already started
Ok stop it. They looked like trash again and he needs to make some staff changes but knock this talk off asap

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
If Campbell doesn’t make any staff changes next month, he deserves to be on thin ice next season if there’s no improvement

cysdaone

Mar 18, 2015
Des Moines Area
The thing that is going to hurt, potentially into next year, is since we won't make a bowl game, we won't get the extra practices, which is something that really hurt the Rhoads era teams.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron