***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I have to ask, because I’ve seen DM’s rushing numbers be all over the place, and I don’t get to watch Bears’ games.

it looks like they have about as bad of an offensive line (for the NFL) as ISU did when DM was here. Is that so?
The offensive line is terrible. But DM has missed his share of finding the openings too.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
i don't blame them so much for not running Monty a lot toward the end, but by god, his pass blocking is better than Cohen and he's a better pass catcher too. he should have been in there more in the second half.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Trade them away for a bunch of third and fourth round picks in later years.

Howard went for a 6th rounder so I think going for 3rd and 4th rounders is shooting a little too high.

The 3 years that DM was at ISU showcased more stability than at any recent time I can recall in Chicago. That's saying something.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I got to see the first half (but I knew they'd be throwing the 2nd half). I thought DM looked decent, given his opportunities. He ended with 13 carries and 57 yards rushing (4.4 YPC) and a long of 16 yards.

I checked and he's at 776 yards for the season (and a 3.5 avg). The yardage total isn't horrible but it would be great to see that average closer to 4 (tough to do with the Bears' line).

Let's see how Lazard does on MNF.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Snydes and LindenCy

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I got to see the first half (but I knew they'd be throwing the 2nd half). I thought DM looked decent, given his opportunities. He ended with 13 carries and 57 yards rushing (4.4 YPC) and a long of 16 yards.

I checked and he's at 776 yards for the season (and a 3.5 avg). The yardage total isn't horrible but it would be great to see that average closer to 4 (tough to do with the Bears' line).

Let's see how Lazard does on MNF.

I'm hoping Montgomery gets his 100 yds today and is set up for next year to breakout. He's had a solid season, and even Emmitt Smith had under 1000 yds his first year. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
Montgomery had 6 carries for 57 yards (9.5 YPC) on that drive. Keep on feeding him the rock!

Up to 84 yards on 14 carries. Having a very good day! Love to see this, and love listening to Joniak announcing (ISU grad) who is obviously pro ISU. That 14 yd TD was a thing of beauty! Saw stats today and DM is leading Le'Veon Bell from the Jets in yardage, and per carry. The Bears OL has been questionable at best, so even with that, am so happy for what he has accomplished this year![/QUOTE]

Last edited: