NBA: *** Official NBA Draft Thread ***

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I like the Hunter pick. Nice high floor, low ceiling pick. He might never be an All Star but it's not hard to see him as a ten year guy and a starter or key rotation guy on a playoff contender.

I love Hunter, I think he's one of the few guys that you could drop on a playoff team and he would get heavy minutes right now. I get that at number four ideally you're looking for a go to guy, but big, long wings who can defend and shoot are great to have however you acquire them. A team featuring Tre Young is going to need some plus defenders to cover for him, play the Andre Iguodoula role to his Steph Curry if you will.

Reactions: Halincandenza

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I love Hunter, I think he's one of the few guys that you could drop on a playoff team and he would get heavy minutes right now. I get that at number four ideally you're looking for a go to guy, but big, long wings who can defend and shoot are great to have however you acquire them. A team featuring Tre Young is going to need some plus defenders to cover for him, play the Andre Iguodoula role to his Steph Curry if you will.

I didn't think there was any reason to get cute with that pick. Get one of the few sure things in this draft and play the lottery with another pick later. I think there are too many teams around the league who just outsmart themselves and keep passing on guys who are ready to go in favor of the project and potential guys.

Reactions: Halincandenza

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle
Sorry if this has been answered, but is there always this many trades on draft night? I've never watched the NBA draft before.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Sorry if this has been answered, but is there always this many trades on draft night? I've never watched the NBA draft before.
Yeah, in a sense. There are usually a couple of "bigger" trades that happen before the draft for someone to move up. Then there is always pick swapping and future 2nds traded back and forth in the later portion of the 1st and into the 2nd.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Checked in on the Heat today and this clip was out there from Pat Riley about Duke.

Haha, that’s awesome. Wonder how Justise Winslow feels. Herro should be an entertaining player. Fun to watch.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Loved the Pelicans and Grizzlies drafts. Clarke was a steal for the Grizz. He should have gone ahead of Hachimura.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron