***Official NCAA Wrestling Weekend Thread***

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Was hoping Long could pull it off. He and McDonough could have quite a rivalry going the next few years, or is there a chance one of them will move up a weight? Just wondering.
Long will move before McDoundough because he had trouble earlier this year. I'm think Long will be at 133 next year, not sure on MD though.

Chipper

Dec 8, 2008
Is it common for the head coaches to not be on the mat coaching? Both Cael and the Wisc head coach are not there.

They usually have somebody who works with them on an indivIdual basis in their corner.

Felt for Barry as I'm sure was thinking of his brother.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Major props to Iowa wrestling fans... they have so much passion for their team in a sport that they dominate every year. You would think that by now they would be a sit on your hands and cheer when we win type crowd like the best teams in other sports do.

Crazy.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Major props to Iowa wrestling fans... they have so much passion for their team in a sport that they dominate every year. You would think that by now they would be a sit on your hands and cheer when we win type crowd like the best teams in other sports do.

Crazy.
Wrestling is different from MBB and FB in that aspect. Most fans are supports to either save it and don't care about the school, they just try to keep it going. It's a diehard sport.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Borschell was lying on Lewnes. He did the same thing last night. Maybe I dont know enough about college wrestling but it sure looked like stalling to me. Doesnt the guy on top at least have to make some type of move to turn the guy?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
Borschell was lying on Lewnes. He did the same thing last night. Maybe I dont know enough about college wrestling but it sure looked like stalling to me. Doesnt the guy on top at least have to make some type of move to turn the guy?
He was driving his face into the mat. What else do you want him to do?

Nov 9, 2008

the first call was BS as Jay was working the arm bar....the second call was ok but Lewnes also has to try and get up....he did nothing except flee the mat....Jay rode him like a Christmas pony....best Iowa win of the tourney

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
No way. He wasnt working anything. Never tried in my opinion. He was just keeping him down and not letting him do anything. Lewnes was trying to get out and Borschel wasnt doing squat

Nov 9, 2008
No way. He wasnt working anything. Never tried in my opinion. He was just keeping him down and not letting him do anything. Lewnes was trying to get out and Borschel wasnt doing squat

you just said you might not know enough now you are an expert??....if Lewnes couldnt get out....and Lewnes is a beast that probably means Jay had something to do with it

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

They haven't been calling stalling all night. You watch the 141 lb. match? Dake didn't do anything on top and didn't get called once. But since he wasn't wearing black and gold that's apparently ok.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron