***Official Olympics Discussion***

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Can we get a long *** thread that discusses all the sports for the next two weeks?

Did anyone catch the Archery Final against Italy today? So clutch by the Italians

How bout Phelps ******* all over himself and not medaling?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Can we get a long *** thread that discusses all the sports for the next two weeks?

Did anyone catch the Archery Final against Italy today? So clutch by the Italians

How bout Phelps ******* all over himself and not medaling?

I love watching events I nevervseen before.

The Italian archers were nailing some bullseyes. Watching fencing now

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I watched some table tennis earlier and it makes our epic dorm battles look like ****.

Right now I am watching volleyball

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
I've been watching a majority of the events online, as it seems like there is so much to watch than what NBC is showing. They keep re-airing highlights from last nights' opening ceremony and others while events are ongoing. Is there some sort of problem with airing an event live?

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
I don't know what it is about the Olympics but I'll watch almost any sport, even if it's something I'd never normally watch.

Having said that, I'm a huge fan of both indoor volleyball and beach volleyball (I've actually met Misty May Treanor) and I'm watching the US indoor team right now against S. Korea. My all-time favorite name for 2012: Destinee Hooker. That is one cool name!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I wish that I cared more, but outside of b-ball and some of the sprinting events, I can't really watch for more than 5 min here or there.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
I HATE the tape delay.... I like to watch events live. With all the sources of info available these days, its hard to avoid finding out the outcomes before the event. I know why they do it (primetime ratings), but it still sucks. :realmad:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I HATE the tape delay.... I like to watch events live. With all the sources of info available these days, its hard to avoid finding out the outcomes before the event. I know why they do it (primetime ratings), but it still sucks. :realmad:

I don't like it, either. I just try not to walk into the spoilers.
Since this is a quiet sports season, it works for me to avoid the news sites a little more.

A lot of these events are ones that I enjoy, but I wouldn't think to go look up the scores on my own. It helps a little bit.

They should work with the commentators to bridge their technical talk with the large # of novice/less frequent viewers. They use a ton of jargon in the events that doesn't really bring a viewer in. I just tune out half or more of what they say.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
I don't like it, either. I just try not to walk into the spoilers.
Since this is a quiet sports season, it works for me to avoid the news sites a little more.

A lot of these events are ones that I enjoy, but I wouldn't think to go look up the scores on my own. It helps a little bit.

They should work with the commentators to bridge their technical talk with the large # of novice/less frequent viewers. They use a ton of jargon in the events that doesn't really bring a viewer in. I just tune out half or more of what they say.
I am going to have to turn off ESPN and other sports notifications on my phone too... :skeptical:

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA
I like the Summer Olympics just fine, but Winter Olympics are the bees knees, IMO.

I could watch curling like 15 hours a day.

But I am enjoying the volleyball right now. Volleyball players are crazy athletes.

Help Support Us

Become a patron