***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
Stephen A Smith is the worst halftime analyst I have ever had the misfortune of watching. Take his obnoxious personality and throw in his unapologetic Knick fandom and it makes all these halftime shows embarrassingly one sided and shallow

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Stephen A Smith is the worst halftime analyst I have ever had the misfortune of watching. Take his obnoxious personality and throw in his unapologetic Knick fandom and it makes all these halftime shows embarrassingly one sided and shallow

The difference between the TNT and ABC/ESPN crew is staggering.

TNT crew:
- More knowledgable (except for JJ who is calling the game)
- More likeable/funny
- Less biased toward the obvious big market teams ESPN always jerks off
- No bombastic ridiculous personalities like Stephen A

It's the end of an era for NBA fans.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pacers could have 6 or 7 guys in double figures before the 4th quarter. You don't see that often.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The difference between the TNT and ABC/ESPN crew is staggering.

TNT crew:
- More knowledgable (except for JJ who is calling the game)
- More likeable/funny
- Less biased toward the obvious big market teams ESPN always jerks off
- No bombastic ridiculous personalities like Stephen A

It's the end of an era for NBA fans.

Are you referring to Chuck, Shaq etc?

Those are guys who have played the game and know how to discuss it and articulate in their own way but don't take it to some weird unhealthy level.

And then their side stuff is pure entertainment.

I hope they at least bring a couple back for the NCAA tourney.

Stephen A Smith just feels like a cartoon and is just another cog in the 'just be loud and obnoxious with blatant hot takes no matter the subject' approach.

I do like his 'How 'bout them Cowboys' bits after they lose their annual playoff game though but that's been about the only time I watch/listen to him for several years which helps.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
That quote from Hart is awesome "TJ McConnell is an annoying little sh** who picks up 94 feet from the basket..."

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I have no idea what is or isn't a gather

I think in beatdowns like this they have trouble not sympathizing with the team on the ugly receiving end.

On one end the most slight contact to the face is a foul and on the other end you can elbow somebody in the face as hard as possible and it's a foul on the guy getting decked.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Obi Toppin playoffs off the bench:
108 points
49 rebounds
13 assists
3 blocks
3 steals

Vastly superior Luka Garza in same # of playoff games:
15 pts
3 rebounds
1 assists
0 blocks
0 steals

It was the crime of the century that Garza wasn't 2x NPOTY so Toppin could win one. No way Toppin was actually the better player and Garza was a fluke system guy.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
These games have to brutal to continue to have to call on TV. Lots of filler material to come up with. Makes me miss JVG. He made garbage time worth listening too.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
TJ McConnell's ability to create his shot in the paint out of seemingly nowhere never ceases to amaze me

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm guessing the Pacers' coach's statements (us against the NBA) as well as missed calls submission were effective.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
with Brunson ans banged up as he is o could not believe he was out there that long in a 30 point blowout.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron