***Official Pacers Playoff Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
People giving the Nuggets a hard time for an easy path last year, Boston is absolutely cake walking.

At least the Nuggets’ opponents were at full strength. Boston’s had the Heat without Butler, Cleveland without like half their roster, and now 6th-seeded Indiana.

I look at it like Boston is a cakewalk for the Pacers, relative to what would be typical.

They are ahead of schedule to even be in ECF so it's crazy they have an opponent that hasn't even looked that good. Great sign that Tyrese finally looked back near 100% today.

This game 7 Den/Minn coming up determines who is in driver's seat for championship.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I look at it like Boston is a cakewalk for the Pacers, relative to what would be typical.

They are ahead of schedule to even be in ECF so it's crazy they have an opponent that hasn't even looked that good. Great sign that Tyrese finally looked back near 100% today.

This game 7 Den/Minn coming up determines who is in driver's seat for championship.
Yep. Best 4 teams (maybe 5 with the Clips) are in the west.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They will lose if they play like they did against Cavs.

Of course they could play much better than that and most likely will.

Kinda my point. Statistically Boston should win. But they're facing a team that's capable of beating them if they play like they've played in the previous rounds.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Kinda my point. Statistically Boston should win. But they're facing a team that's capable of beating them if they play like they've played in the previous rounds.

The Cavs without star player were one of the most toothless teams I have seen in the second round of the playoffs ever, they did not look playoff caliber, let alone second round 4 seed. It's almost like Boston got a few weeks off while most of the rest of these teams have been going to war. So hard to predict how that will affect them.

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
The ceiling for the Pacers is higher than maybe anyone, but they can also go cold. I don't trust the defense, and they don't have a reliable interior presence. I think Boston wins in 6, but they have a punchers chance. This feels like the part of Tyreses storyline where he comes up short before breaking through in the next year or two.