*** Official Selection Sunday Thread ***

Darius Bieber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Some of you guys are crazy. We really that terrified of Drake? I’d take our draw all day.
Not terrified, but mad:

We’re the lowest ranked 2 seed.
We have to play two very close teams to Omaha, geographically in SDSU and Drake.
Should it work out as chalk, we’d have to play UCONN in their backyard.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Good luck picking who's coming put of the Midwest. That's the bracket buster region.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
JP knows all the secrets of the NET and now the committee seeds teams but missed the part about how scheduling no one in the non-con and having a 300+ sos non-con will fck you.
That said how you're team is playing now (conference tournament) should matter a whole lot more than how they played 4 months ago. Especially in this NIL transfer era.

Most of that is out of our control. Its not our fault that the teams we scheduled that should have pulled our resume up underperformed.

• Disagree
Reactions: WartburgClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
JP knows all the secrets of the NET and now the committee seeds teams but missed the part about how scheduling no one in the non-con and having a 300+ sos non-con will fck you.
That said how you're team is playing now (conference tournament) should matter a whole lot more than how they played 4 months ago. Especially in this NIL transfer era.

As has been said in other threads, you don't have as much control of your nonconference schedule as is implied. those holiday tournaments are scheduled years in advance and you never know what a team is going to be when it's actually played. The Big 12 and Big East assigned us that DePaul game - we had no control over that. And it's not our fault Iowa, who's on our schedule every year, sucked this year.

The rest of the schedule is the same **** schedule that every other team plays.

So what was JP supposed to do differently?

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
This is good and bad news. The first 2 rounds really aren't that bad when you consider we could have got Izzo, Dana Altman, Gonzaga, etc in R2. Drake isn't that good. Ind St is way better.

The bigger issue is UConn, Auburn, and Illinois and regional in Boston. That's the biggest low blow.

Reactions: Clonefan32

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I guess I don’t see what the big deal is? I think this is a cake walk to the sweet 16. Hope for Illinois to beat BYU and an elite 8 should be very doable.
I would rather play BYU, Illinois has a lot more offensive fire power than BYU, enough to solve our defense.