Omaha
So the winners of
Big East Tournament
Big 12 Tournament
Big 10 Tournament
SEC Tournament

Are 1-4 in the East.

OK. What the ****!
It's been said several times, these brackets were set a week ago. All they had to do was plug in winners of the smaller conferences. What ISU did the last 5 days was totally meaningless to the all-knowing Committee.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
For anyone wringing their hands over the teams in ISU's bracket... the tourney is unpredictable as hell. Take a breath. Hopefully ISU rolls next weekend. I can guarantee you that NOBODY will be excited to play ISU in this tourney.

Side note, when your team gets through the round of 64 and 32, its a phenomenal week to absorb sports talk radio. Quite the buzz you get from the opening run of the tourney.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Call me what you will but I fully believe the committee was grasping at whatever they could to keep us out (us not being a blueblood) in favor of bluebloods; or even a bigger brand. This was the easiest excuse they could find.
Keep us out of what if you don’t mind me asking?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
A&M against Houston is an upset I may go with in my money pool. They already played and Houston barely won and A&M is playing very well lately.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Call me what you will but I fully believe the committee was grasping at whatever they could to keep us out (us not being a blueblood) in favor of bluebloods; or even a bigger brand. This was the easiest excuse they could find.
Not sure what the advantage is there. UNC was still going to be in the tournament. All things equal it's possible UNC fans would rather be a 2 in the east as opposed to a 1 in California.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I forgot to mention how badly Indiana St also got screwed.

This committee basically said tonight that conference tournaments didn't matter when ISU went from #7 in the country to #8 by destroying KSU, Baylor, and Houston in the Big 12 tourney... it was all about how you did in the regular season. Okay fine... then Indiana St for sure should have been in based on that.

The committee was not consistent whatsoever in what was important.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
The SEC and media complaints definitely reached the ears of the committee members. They manged the same amount of teams in the tourney as the Big XII. What a joke

• Agree
Reactions: Bocy

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Did the Big East really only get 3 teams in? That's a joke.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Not sure what the advantage is there. UNC was still going to be in the tournament. All things equal it's possible UNC fans would rather be a 2 in the east as opposed to a 1 in California.
The more I think about it, I think UCONN is the one that got it raw here, more than we did.

Us being a 2 I actually understand. Us being the last 2 (8) I do not accept on the level.