*** Official South Dakota State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We open the game 9 for 9 from the field and we only lead by 7 at half. That's a good reason to be nervous. First 5 minutes of the second half we be really important.

But it was also critical that we had such a good start to the half. A lot of these higher seeds take a bit to wake up, which is why you see single digit games at half, or even have the lower seed leading.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Understatement.

Offensive rebounding wasn't bad but defensive rebounding has been clownshoes. Many on here have tried to chalk it up to the bigs "trying to seal off for the guards to get boards". While are guards ARE agressive and rebound well, it's not the reason our bigs stink. They routinely lack awareness, don't body up, or simply don't grab the ball when it's right there. Against a team like UConn (if we make it that far) that will kill us.
@AlumfromAmes here you go, here is who you need to commiserate with.

cyclonestunners

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 14, 2011
Understatement.

Offensive rebounding wasn't bad but defensive rebounding has been clownshoes. Many on here have tried to chalk it up to the bigs "trying to seal off for the guards to get boards". While are guards ARE agressive and rebound well, it's not the reason our bigs stink. They routinely lack awareness, don't body up, or simply don't grab the ball when it's right there. Against a team like UConn (if we make it that far) that will kill us.
Zrf being negative? Oh boy! I got my cyclone fanatic bingo free space!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Gilbert picking up that 2nd foul and sitting from there, along with Lipsey losing Mayo for a 3. Otherwise this would be a 15 point lead.

And Gilbert is the only one with foul issues.

I think if SDSU comes out and ties it up real quick we could be looking at a very 'entertaining' 2nd half as fans.

Extend the lead and get around 20 by the 10 minute mark and ISU should be able to close it out with no drama.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
And Gilbert is the only one with foul issues.

I think if SDSU comes out and ties it up real quick we could be looking at a very 'entertaining' 2nd half as fans.

Extend the lead and get around 20 by the 10 minute mark and ISU should be able to close it out with no drama.
Let’s win the first 4 minutes.

• Agree
Reactions: HoustonClone

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Both teams played their A game in the first half, time to see who blinks. I don’t think anyone beats ISU if they play a whole game like this.