*** Official South Dakota State vs #4 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Milan and Gilbert are the key to a long run. That, and an absence of ticky tack foul calling.
I didn't like in the 2nd half when SDSU had 5 fouls to our none, those refs just started calling anything on us to get it evened out. Called fouls when we didn't foul even. Do your job refs. Don't need calls just to even out the numbers.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
What is the deal with these stoppages for injuries on defense? did they change a rule?

(sorry for his knee tho)
Don't know details of college ball, but NFHS is when offense stops pushing toward the basket. ISU pulled up and passed from wing back out to top of key so not advancing toward basket. Blow the whistle for injury at that point.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
WSU has some sneaky athletic shooters and a bit of length. Drake has the underdog edge and DeVries. Both can get hot from deep. WSU has beaten Zona twice this year and handle pressure pretty well.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
It's a great feeling when you can peel away from the ISU game(with a 20 some point lead) to watch Oakland take down UK!

I though SDSU had a nice stretch where they settled in late 1st half against ISU's defensive pressure, but they were still a bit timid with passes, and perhaps feeling ghosts from the high anticipation and pressure ISU brings.

Tonight really felt like those 1st couple times Hoiberg got ISU to the tourney in round 1. Stretches of impressive domination, and then quickly overcoming the lulls. Really didn't feel worried at all during this game, even when the lead shrunk to 4 or 6 points.

PizzaTheHutt

Feb 6, 2014
Was anyone aware that Wazzu beat Arizona twice this year?
I watched both of those games. Arizona was showing their true Jekyll Hyde form. They were sloppy games. But Wazzu made less dumb decisions than Arizona did. Wazzu is capable but we are the far more consistent team. They’ll struggle with our D with one day prep.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Truthfully, I don’t think you’ll want to come to this thread at halftime. I expect it to be a 5 pt game or less by halftime before the good guys start to pull away. I’d be much more concerned if we were playing the SDSU of 2022, but this team this year just isn’t as good
Not bad

Reactions: RagingCloner

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron