Official Utah Utes Welcome Thread

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I'm happy to have Utah in the conference. SLC is a neat place. Its a broad based athletics program that helps the football product. I'm not basing my opinion on some disgruntled people on Twitter. We've been thru conference fuckery before, they haven't on the scale that we have.

Looking forward to the 2024 Big 12 title game in Dallas between ISU and Utah.

Reactions: cyclone1209

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm happy to have Utah in the conference. SLC is a neat place. Its a broad based athletics program that helps the football product. I'm not basing my opinion on some disgruntled people on Twitter. We've been thru conference fuckery before, they haven't on the scale that we have.

I too am glad that we have Utah. They should be a good addition. Hopefully most of their fans are more knowledgeable and humble than the ones we might be hearing or have heard from.

And I also hope this post ages well. We'll see.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

What a mess that would be.

Bring it.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I assume Utah is like KSU - awful on Twitter but fine in real life.

I’ve never met a KSU fan on Twitter that wasn’t a complete twat. I’ve never met a KSU IRL that I didn’t like.
Pretty sure there have been Utah folks who have made appearances on podcasts/radio shows and confirmed this much as well.

Seems like some are taking the voices of a vocal minority and ascribing it to the fanbase as a whole.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Pretty sure there have been Utah folks who have made appearances on podcasts/radio shows and confirmed this much as well.

Seems like some are taking the voices of a vocal minority and ascribing it to the fanbase as a whole.

ASU and Utah had some stuff coming out from officials during all of it that made it seem they’d rather join MWC than big 12. It was quite different than CU and AZ being enthusiastic.

Sadly I think it’s real. They expect to go 10-0 in football every season. We’ll see. I doubt it.

My neighbor who drives to pac basketball tournament every year says no Utah fans go to Vegas for it anyway.

conmebol

Apr 11, 2006
I assume Utah is like KSU - awful on Twitter but fine in real life.

I’ve never met a KSU fan on Twitter that wasn’t a complete twat. I’ve never met a KSU IRL that I didn’t like.
I met some at Alamo Bowl that was obnoxiously rooting for Washington State.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Wish the Truck stop was still open on 30 in Ames it was awesome.

Dear God so good at 3am. I think it was the Cyclone Slam I always got there. Their version of a Tremendous Twelve.

And yes the mix of completely wasted college students and weird truckers was fun.

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I’ve been to 2, and both KC Farmageddons. No bad experiences other than the poor play of ISU
I didn't have issues in KC either. And I have really good KSU friends that are salt of the earth. But 2 BB and 1 FB game in Manhattan were not fun experiences.