*** OFFICIAL VEISHEA WEEK 2014 THREAD ***

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
Wow. VEISHEA is now all the way back to the beginning of April?

A few more years it'll be a Valentine's destination. :wideeyed:

RubyClone

Mar 21, 2014
It may be because Easter this year is the same weekend that VEISHEA was last year.

Ahhh. Feel for you guys. I was in those last few classes to see VEISHEA in May!

What do you guys get for days off? I believe my frosh year was wed on. Next few were just Thurs and Fri and I think after 92 they backed it off to just Friday. That's also when it first backed up to April I think.

I'm old. Don't remember. Not that I could the monday after anyway.

Have fun. BE SAFE. And don't break anything.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames

What do you guys get for days off? I believe my frosh year was wed on. Next few were just Thurs and Fri and I think after 92 they backed it off to just Friday. That's also when it first backed up to April I think.

Days off during VEISHEA? VEISHEA week is when all of my professors always assigned the most work via projects or tests.

If I wanted a day off for VEISHEA, it was self mandated. (there were a lot of those)

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Days off during VEISHEA? VEISHEA week is when all of my professors always assigned the most work via projects or tests.

If I wanted a day off for VEISHEA, it was self mandated. (there were a lot of those)

Yeah, I ahve never heard of having days off for VEISHEA

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

We don't get days off. We just get rewarded with presentations and tests on the Friday of Veishea now.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

Days off for VEISHEA? Guys, we got screwed!

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Something great you mean.

I honestly don't see the appeal of rioting. My friends want a riot to happen so bad but I just don't see how it is a good thing.

What if it was your car getting flipped? What if it was your business getting the windows smashed in? What if someone dies or gets seriously injured? Not so fun now is it?

I love VEISHEA don't get me wrong but I don't want a riot to happen.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I honestly don't see the appeal of rioting. My friends want a riot to happen so bad but I just don't see how it is a good thing.

What if it was your car getting flipped? What if it was your business getting the windows smashed in? What if someone dies or gets seriously injured? Not so fun now is it?

I love VEISHEA don't get me wrong but I don't want a riot to happen.

Its called natural selection

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
2009 I think, there was some pre riot rumblings, but the police showed up with pepper spray and sprayed everybody on Welch. It was ugly.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
Just go get drunk and enjoy the week. You won't be able to do this when you graduate. Obviously you have your obligations and tests/whatever, but go as little as possible and just enjoy the week. I have been on the drunken side and the committee side of things.

VEISHEA really is a once (or four) in a lifetime thing. Don't let it pass you by.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Just go get drunk and enjoy the week. You won't be able to do this when you graduate. Obviously you have your obligations and tests/whatever, but go as little as possible and just enjoy the week. I have been on the drunken side and the committee side of things.

VEISHEA really is a once (or four) in a lifetime thing. Don't let it pass you by.

Well said. You don't have to flip over cars or throw your grades down the tube, but it's about as good of an excuse to slack as much as possible for a week that there is.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
2009 I think, there was some pre riot rumblings, but the police showed up with pepper spray and sprayed everybody on Welch. It was ugly.

I do not recall this! But I also didn't end up on Welch......I don't even remember hearing about it though!

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
My advice is to enjoy the week before the out of towners get there for Thursday and on. It's still fun, but it's a whole different thing. The real fun of VEISHEA was earlier in the week with my buddies for me.