Official venting frustration thread

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
Honestly i fully expect to get torn apart for this thread but i cant figure this out. Why cant we beat a crap NDSU team by more then two points at home? I blame this on Mcdermont personally. Im fully prepared to be torn apart for this thread, but this team is a joke right now. We have no hustle, toughness, etc. Please vent frustration in this thread not in other threads

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
All I know is that we are going to get TORN APART by Texas. This team is done. There is no hope of winning the 9 Big 12 games needed to make the tourney, and I would be SHOCKED if we don't have 2 or more people transfer prior to the start of next season.

Things are really looking up....:no:

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I personally think this staff needs to make some defensive adjustments immediately. Either go back to the type of defense where we arent as aggressive, but give up fewer points or switch to a 1-3-1 trap. The trap would make us a lot like Michigan where we arent going to get a lot of rebounds but force more turbovers and be able to run like McDermott says he wants to.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Right now, I would rather be an Iowa basketball fan. Coach Lick can at least get his team to try.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I personally think this staff needs to make some defensive adjustments immediately. Either go back to the type of defense where we arent as aggressive, but give up fewer points or switch to a 1-3-1 trap. The trap would make us a lot like Michigan where we arent going to get a lot of rebounds but force more turbovers and be able to run like McDermott says he wants to.

Yeah, that would suck to not get all the rebounds....oh wait, we suck at rebounding, hm....:dull:

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I was very impressed with NDS motion offense; they don't stand around, they make the extra pass - lucky for us they just aren't very good and have trouble finishing in the lane. I wish we moved on O like they did.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Honestly i fully expect to get torn apart for this thread but i cant figure this out. Why cant we beat a crap NDSU team by more then two points at home? I blame this on Mcdermont personally. Im fully prepared to be torn apart for this thread, but this team is a joke right now. We have no hustle, toughness, etc. Please vent frustration in this thread not in other threads

If Ham cannot go, are we really going into Big 12 play with Alex Dorr being the first big guy off the bench in McDermott's fourth year? Really?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
If Ham cannot go, are we really going into Big 12 play with Alex Dorr being the first big guy off the bench in McDermott's fourth year? Really?

I'm sure Ham will be good to go now...it was only a mild concussion, and I bet he was only out today as a precaution.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis

I'm not tearing you up. I've been stating reality all along about McD AND Pollard, but no one wanted to listen to it. Fire them both in one big swipe I say.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
Yeah, that would suck to not get all the rebounds....oh wait, we suck at rebounding, hm....:dull:

That is my point we cant rebound anyway so why not do this. We have athletic players to do it, and then when we dont have the athletes in play the trap defense we play can the type of defense like we did the last few years. Because honestly, our guys cannot play man to man pressure.

Last edited:

tspence1323

Dec 7, 2009
McD needs to be fired. I blame him for the losses we should've won. I mean we should've beaten NW, UNI and the other cr***y schools we've played. Its gonna be a tough road through the BIG 12 this year, facing many blow outs against Texas, Kansas, K-State, and the other good Big 12 teams. Wouldn't be shocked if we lost a few players at the end of the season either; the Colvin incident may turn out to be just like the W.Johnson transfer to Syracuse.

Help Support Us

Become a patron