*** Official West Virginia vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Howd they look? Like they played better and maybe called some things differently, or WVU was awful?
I thought we still looked shaky on offense. The defense shut them down. I still don't think we're very good, but we were better than them. That may have to be enough at this point in this season. I'm not a big fan of the Ketchup uniforms.

Mads4st8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2021
They still suck for even thinking that was a fumble in the first place.
You have absolutely no clear what you are talking about. They are trained to let that sort of situation play out and then make the call on the review. You can complain about a lot of things about the officials but that isn’t one of them. Neither the line judge or head linesman thought that was a fumble.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought we still looked shaky on offense. The defense shut them down. I still don't think we're very good, but we were better than them. That may have to be enough at this point in this season. I'm not a big fan of the Ketchup uniforms.

Closing out the game with several scores was sure good to see even if it was still pretty rickety.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Hope we found something with Norton. If we get some push we will have a chance every game moving forward. Anyone else have a feeling a 5-6 ISU team is going to beat an 11-0 TCU team and go bowling, but ruin the Big 12’s playoff hopes.
That’s infinitely preferable to another humiliating beat down which probably still wouldn’t get TCU in the playoffs anyways.

Reactions: khardbored

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Joe frog must have been at the game, I’m sure he’s enjoying the win!
I’ll bet, but I thought Purdue would give them more trouble. he’s a very positive person, so likely just soaking in the hawk win.

Last edited:
Reactions: simply1

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Hope we found something with Norton. If we get some push we will have a chance every game moving forward. Anyone else have a feeling a 5-6 ISU team is going to beat an 11-0 TCU team and go bowling, but ruin the Big 12’s playoff hopes.

I’m not sure TCU gets in at 13-0. They’d invent some new rule again if they have to and then contradict that new rule a few years later.

Unlike the year they truly did get screwed, I don’t think they could win the playoff anyway.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Plot twist. It's the real Tom Manning coaching today and every other games it was an imposter.

Brian Ferentz is Brian Ferentz.
Nobody answered my question earlier. Posts get buried in a game thread, I know.

But I'll repeat, I saw Scheelhaase seemingly doing a lot of play calling in the first half. Did he get a crack at it today? What was Manning doing?

BigLame

Feb 6, 2008
Western IA
On offense - everyone showed a few (not alot) more flashes. OL putrid at times, then you see Hufford finish a block on a 3 yard run & couple run plays to left side of the line after it was lit up on pass rushes in 2 consecutive possessions prior. Just a little more chip on the shoulder seen. TEs with important couple catches & some more blocking in other packages. D was tough. Think Reeder back made a difference, especially versus the run. They have 2nd most prolific pass catching WR in the league & held him in check. They tried to pick on Purchase, but other than the INT (better that than giving up a catch there), he played very solid. Dekkers was pretty efficient, but our D & WVU's mental mistake (on punt) allowed for his efficiency to make more of a difference in today's game. Their DL is legit & gave us problems, but it appears adjustments were made on the fly in the 2nd half to offset this. There was more creativity, too, as well as roll outs. Not that all we armchair warriors are responsible (no one of importance reads this board and/or gives af), but these were all things clamored for here ad nauseam and lo & behold, we saw a fair amount of this today. Just too bad it's game 9, but f it, let's win out & f everything up.